WD 150GB Raptor, GREAT DEAL @ bestbuy. 169.99

pretty nice find OP. Good to see em at this price without the rebate involved

are these louder than the non-windowed ones?

No but the windowed ones have a MTBF of 600,000 hours compared to the MTBF of 1.2million hours the non-windowed has.

Also if your local store has one in stock, make sure to add a cheap $160 copy of Vista to the order and save $50 more. Then just return the copy of Vista the next day.

Click on the link in the OP's post.

Under the "Add To Cart" button you should see "Extra $50 Off a Hard drive offer"

Click that and it should take you to a page where you can select the 150gb raptor, and a cheap copy of vista. If you accutally want Vista then choose the edition you want. If not then pick the cheapest copy.

Once you do that add them to your cart and you will see that Raptor has dropped in price to $119.99 and no where on your invoice does it state that there is a $50 promotion if you purchase Vista. So when you do your instore pick up just return Vista and keep the 150GB Raptor for $119.99.

Well if you want to try and make it even sweeter try and sneak the 12% RewardZone coupon in too when you pick it up.

No but the windowed ones have a MTBF of 600,000 hours compared to the MTBF of 1.2million hours the non-windowed has.

Also if your local store has one in stock, make sure to add a cheap $160 copy of Vista to the order and save $50 more. Then just return the copy of Vista the next day.

dont start with that. you will get banned and/or punched in the face through the internet. why screw people over?

My windowed RaptorX I picked up on this deal says 1.2million hours MTBF.

You are correct, I went back and checked mine and it is 1.2million as well. I retract my previous statement in regards to the difference in MTBF.

dont start with that. you will get banned and/or punched in the face through the internet. why screw people over?

No where in the promotion does it state that I have to keep the copy of vista.

LOL punched in the face thru the internet? Sounds like we should punch most of the people who post hot deals and on fatwallet.

Its plain and simple. They state you save $50 if you purchase a hard drive with Vista. They do not state they you can not return Vista. If BestBuy fails to change the HDD price back to $169.99 after I return Vista thats their fault. And for all I care Bestbuy can explode in a firery explosion of gasoline and asian bird flu.

edit
wd1500ahfdny5.jpg

No where in the promotion does it state that I have to keep the copy of vista.

LOL punched in the face thru the internet? Sounds like we should punch most of the people who post hot deals and on fatwallet.

Its plain and simple. They state you save $50 if you purchase a hard drive with Vista. They do not state they you can not return Vista. If BestBuy fails to change the HDD price back to $169.99 after I return Vista thats their fault. And for all I care Bestbuy can explode in a firery explosion of gasoline and asian bird flu.

I am not talking about what you are or are not allowed to do. why would you start something again that has been closed by a mod before for the same reason?

regardless of which store, exploiting their sales means higher prices for everyone.
this isn't a price mistake. it's a scam that you're taking advantage of and hoping the cashier is stupid enough to fall for it.

regardless of which store, exploiting their sales means higher prices for everyone.
this isn't a price mistake. it's a scam that you're taking advantage of and hoping the cashier is stupid enough to fall for it.

I understand the arguments you're making, but I fail to see how that is any different as say exploiting price matching to take bigger advantages of rebates.

I am not talking about what you are or are not allowed to do. why would you start something again that has been closed by a mod before for the same reason?

And you are assuming that I have this all knowing power and I know what previous threads have been closed and why?

I was unaware of any previous thread(s) involving this idea (well at least on HardForums)

So based upon what you are saying is the $50 off if you purchase Vista is a scam and we are just taking advantage of it?

I wasn't hoping the cashier was stupid enough to fall for anything. It is simple, as long as my copy of Vista was still sealed (which it was) they have no reason to deny me the ability to return it for a full refund as long as I am within the return policy. If at that time they want to charge me $50 for for the hard drive then I will return it as well.

If BB policy states you have 30 days to return a TV and on your 32 day it broke down and they offered you a refund whould you say hell no! Its 2 days past the return policy my morals and ethics will not allow me to accept a refund past the return policy. Yeah I didn't think so.

The issue here is that their policy states one thing and their employees are following something different. Don't be pissed off at me for using that to my advantage. If you are mad because for some reason you think BestBuy will increase prices to compensate for this, go into your local bestbuy and warn them about it. Yell at the customer service people and make sure that they are up to date on their return policy.

I already bought the HD for this sale a few days ago, If I want to get vista can I go back with the reciept and buy vista and get the $50 dollars off still?

Is this faster/better than the 74GB Raptor circa 2003?

I know it has 16MB cache, but is that a big enough reason to upgrade? (Though at $130 it's tough to argue).

Heads up: select pick up option for Vista saves $4 shipping :)

out of stock when i had time to pick 1 up, but 2 with raincheck just as good. :)

Back