WD Announces Record Quarterly Revenue of $2.2B

HardOCP News

[H] News
Western Digital Corp. today reported record revenue of $2.2 billion, record hard drive shipments of 44.1 million units and net income of $288 million, or $1.25 per share, for its first fiscal quarter ended Oct. 2, 2009. In the year-ago quarter, the company reported revenue of $2.1 billion, unit shipments of 39.4 million, and net income of $211 million. The company generated $434 million in cash from operations during the first quarter, ending with total cash and cash equivalents of $2.1 billion.

i wonder which units they are selling so many of, i never buy WD products unless they are more than 20$ cheaper than a seagate drive.

i wonder which units they are selling so many of, i never buy WD products unless they are more than 20$ cheaper than a seagate drive.

Well, I think I balance it out then, because I don't buy anything but WD drives!

Because your handful of drives makes that big of a dent in their overall revenue?

i wonder how much seagate earned.

are seagate drives still reliable? did they get back on track after that 7200.11 disaster?

Back