WD VelociRaptor 300Gb 10k Drive Newegg News Subscribers $289.99

MrE

2[H]4U
Newegg has the Western Digital VelociRaptor 10k 300Gb drive on sale for $299.99 - $10 = $289.99 using coupon code EMCAHABBD and includes free shipping. Note, you must be a Newegg news subscriber for the coupon code to work.

Credit to Techbargains for the information

$10 off MSRP, HOT! :D

Probably the cheapest place to buy it online though. So it's a hot deal. Just not that hot :)

i dont want to create another thead just for this.. but is there something wrong with newegg site today?? its very slow loading and i get timed out most of the time.

My screen scorched with that 3.3% off goodness. :D

I kid.

I almost picked these up at Fry's. I will always purchase local in these circumstances. They were 299 btw.

I thought the best part about these new ones was the 15k rpm, guess I was mistaken. So the only thing going for these is the space? 300gb?

I thought I read that somewhere as well, that it was 15,000

It just competes with 15k drives in performance while besting them in power usage, thermals and noise. Great drive. Free shipping + $10 off ain't bad.

Best Buy will charge you sales tax, so you actually take a step back.

PS - I hate Best Buy. - Mail Order is the way to go!

Best Buy will charge you sales tax, so you actually take a step back.

PS - I hate Best Buy. - Mail Order is the way to go!

Sales tax would not put you above $290, besides some people get charged tax on newegg too (myself included.) If I had the cash for one, I'd definitely jump on the best buy deal.

I thought I read that somewhere as well, that it was 15,000

WD is supposedly working on 20k rpm raptors to compete with SSD... maybe that is what you heard.

I'll wait for these to drop in price before I pick one up.

WD is supposedly working on 20k rpm raptors to compete with SSD... maybe that is what you heard.

I'll wait for these to drop in price before I pick one up.

I very much doubt that... we'd be seeing 20k enterprise drives first.... got any proof to back up that claim?

Back