WD20EADS reallocated sectors count

DrRetina

Limp Gawd
I'm starting to upgrade my 24 1TB WD10EACS to 2TB WD20EADS starting with two drives.

The problem is that after moving about 200Gb to the first drive the reallocated sectors count jumped to about 140 (raw value) and CRC checks are failing on some of the files. After moving about 500gb to the 2nd drive i got one reallocated sectors count on the drive with CRC on one files as well. Running a full checkdisk on the first drive the " reallocated sectors count " value went even higher.

Sure, i got one or two of my 24 1TB GreenDrives with bad sectors, but nowhere this bad as with my new 2Tb's.
I was wondering if anyone has the same problem, if the drives are generally f'ed, or of I have been really unlucky with the first 2 drives of the switch.

So no one got any bad sectors on their Western Digital 2tb green drives? .. I guess I must have been extremely unlucky then.

I had issues at with my 1TB RE2 drives at first, 2 of them showed bad sectors and even became unusable during my testing of the system. I had only 8 drives, so that was 2 out of eight. Might have been a bad series...
Since that happened, I will never ever put a drive to use before doing some torture testing.

Back