we may never get mechwarrior 5...

Mod has been released for almost a year now. Pretty fun mod but had some lag/syncing issues when I last played. Dont know if it has been fixed or not.

Mechwarrior 5 is in development(360/Windows) but was could have had some legal issues with Harmony Gold which will no doubt delay the game if it wasn't settled.

What's the community like on that game? I guess it's just a bunch of multiplayer servers, etc. kind of like Battlefield?

If it's any good, I'd consider buying Crysis next steam sale. Missed it when it was $13 for both games last time.

I long for good single player mech story/action though.

What's the community like on that game? I guess it's just a bunch of multiplayer servers, etc. kind of like Battlefield?

If it's any good, I'd consider buying Crysis next steam sale. Missed it when it was $13 for both games last time.

I long for good single player mech story/action though.

its decent. the community is dying though because the devs don't really know how to run a mod community. i wouldnt bother buying crysis since the games being ported over to crysis wars. when, no one really knows. anytime they put a date for something add 5 months and then maybe it will come out. for example the 4.0 update was suppose to be out over a month ago. then it got delayed for 2 weeks and now who the hell knows. these guys are game designers not media people so they have no idea what communication is. i've tried my best to give them suggestions. some they have listened to but most they haven't so the game just continues to die.

a good way of putting it.. think DICE only the game looks 1000 times better then anything DICE would ever release.

when the game first came out there was over 4k people playing at any one time. now there's just the core group left from when the game originally came out which is about 200-300 people. if your lucky you might find 1 server filled up these days but that's about it. when/if it gets ported to crysis wars the game will be insanely better. the original crysis multiplayer engine is fuxored to the point where its unfixable even if they had access to the game engine instead of the SDK.

oh another reason why this mods really gone no where since its been released. the original 3 guys that started the mod sold out on everyone and joined crytek and left the mod to rott without telling anyone. eventually a few of them figured out what happened and took it over.

btw there is already a thread up that has a few screens shots i took in it from the original version of the game. probably under the thread name MWLL.

Sold out? LOL, isn't that like the HOPES of anyone who makes a mod that they'll get their foot in the door and find a job or something from doing something lilke that?

What'd you want them to do, turn down a PAYING job at the developer who made the game they were making a mod from in order to work on a mod and stay at their current job not following their dream?

Besides, I remember WELL during the development and release that it was already known before the mod was pubically out that one of the guys WAS working at crytek then, it wasn't some super secret thing that they uncovered, the guy got the job and still worked on the mod in his free time a bit. Not sure about the others later on but still.

Sold out? LOL, isn't that like the HOPES of anyone who makes a mod that they'll get their foot in the door and find a job or something from doing something lilke that?

What'd you want them to do, turn down a PAYING job at the developer who made the game they were making a mod from in order to work on a mod and stay at their current job not following their dream?

Besides, I remember WELL during the development and release that it was already known before the mod was pubically out that one of the guys WAS working at crytek then, it wasn't some super secret thing that they uncovered, the guy got the job and still worked on the mod in his free time a bit. Not sure about the others later on but still.

theres more to it then just them leaving. bunch of other crap happened behind closed doors at crytek as well. but the biggest thing was just them disappearing without saying a word to anyone in the community. there was never anything posted in the forum about it. but what ever. its done and the mods still dying which is quite sad. it would of easily given MW5 a run for its money if they could of kept it alive.

The game is actually very playable in its current state. I find it very fun but the community IMO is lacking. It's actually filled w/ a lot of elitist. Is it worth buying Crysis? Depends on how much you like Mechwarrior. If you're like me? It's a must have. I actually built my last computer and purchased crysis once I heard this mod was being made. If you can get by... Then no, it's not worth it.

There have been many nights where i felt like playing but the servers had 2 or 3 people on them.. IMO it's not worth playing at that point. Weekends however are different.

its decent. the community is dying though because the devs don't really know how to run a mod community. i wouldnt bother buying crysis since the games being ported over to crysis wars. when, no one really knows. anytime they put a date for something add 5 months and then maybe it will come out. for example the 4.0 update was suppose to be out over a month ago. then it got delayed for 2 weeks and now who the hell knows. these guys are game designers not media people so they have no idea what communication is. i've tried my best to give them suggestions. some they have listened to but most they haven't so the game just continues to die.

a good way of putting it.. think DICE only the game looks 1000 times better then anything DICE would ever release.

when the game first came out there was over 4k people playing at any one time. now there's just the core group left from when the game originally came out which is about 200-300 people. if your lucky you might find 1 server filled up these days but that's about it. when/if it gets ported to crysis wars the game will be insanely better. the original crysis multiplayer engine is fuxored to the point where its unfixable even if they had access to the game engine instead of the SDK.

oh another reason why this mods really gone no where since its been released. the original 3 guys that started the mod sold out on everyone and joined crytek and left the mod to rott without telling anyone. eventually a few of them figured out what happened and took it over.

btw there is already a thread up that has a few screens shots i took in it from the original version of the game. probably under the thread name MWLL.

christ, talk about a heartbreaker. i hadn't heard any of that. and i searched "mechwarrior living legends" and "mw living legends" but not "mwll", which would probably explain why i didn't see your thread. sorry to beat a dead horse or whatever.

Yup, it surely does.

LINK

oh look! A thread on this mod...again.

you know, no one forced you to read this thread... :rolleyes:

I didn't read the whole thread but didn't Smith & Tinker (ex FASA devs) license the rights to Mechwarrior from Microsoft nearly 2 years ago? And then, didn't they show some CG video of something that resembled Mechwarrior last year??

I didn't read the whole thread but didn't Smith & Tinker (ex FASA devs) license the rights to Mechwarrior from Microsoft nearly 2 years ago? And then, didn't they show some CG video of something that resembled Mechwarrior last year??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_(reboot)
Supposedly a reboot of the MW series is in the works under Smith & Tinker and Piranha Games, but no release date has been set. Hopefully, it won't become vaporware or catch "consolitis"-- especially since the wikipedia page claims its being developed for both PC and 360.

you know, no one forced you to read this thread... :rolleyes:

Nobody did, but it's annoying when people don't use the search function and bring up this mod in a new thread every other month, especially with a misleading title. :rolleyes:

yep. but its still not slated to be released til mid 2011 last i remembered.

i think MWLL 0.4.0 is coming soon, perhaps in time for christmas

i just picked up Crysis Warhead from EA as a DD for $11.21 + tax. you have to go find the Wars multiplayer 5.5Gb installer on your own....but the Warhead key activates it so it's all good

0.4.0 will be available for Crysis and Crysis Wars

their site is getting a decent amount of traffic from what i can tell....or it's really slow because they are loading up 0.4.0 info in the background (hey, one can hope right!?)

http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/status/

i still play almost every night recently, 0.3.2 on Crysis is still very fun, even on an older system like mine

the 4.0 update probably wont be out for another 2-3 weeks at best. will be lucky if we see it before the end of the year. nothing is ever released anywhere near what they project. i mean shit it's already 3 weeks late at this point. but some of the stuff they are working on right now will make the wait worth it. the new tanks and mechs they are adding are pretty bad ass. cant wait til its fully ported to crysis wars because the crysis multiplayer engine is absolute rubbish. the crysis wars multiplayer engine is leaps and bounds better then it.

Back