We need people start folding AGAIN!

Impact9

[H]ard|Gawd
hard to believe we have such a huge team and in 2nd place when we only have what appears to be a hand full of people active.

I just rejoined last month and I am crawling my way up pretty fast with 4 cpus running 24/7. I know it will take forever and a year to get to the top 500 but with so many people snoozing it's going to happen.

WAKE UP FOLKS! FOLD FOLD FOLD!!! I challenge you to keep me out of the top 500!!! :D

Since you asked for it, I would try to keep you out of the top 500 but I'm afraid I can't at this time. I'm already close to the top 300 and it would be difficult to lose points. On the other hand, if enough people got in gear and knocked me back, then I could compete. ;)

...come get me, I'm at 325, up from 270. My RMA (been down 2300mhz for this) was just dropped off at the house today, and I have a duron 800 combo to add and a 1.4 Celery to replace a 566 Celery enroute to my garden...

there are tons of reasons why people lose interest. I push this project everywhere... I try to talk my clients into running it... I advertise on the Forum I Admin...

Dude... we're doing what we can. The aussies are just doing it better this time. :)

I figure we need an additional 230 GHz of processing power to start catching up to the Aussie's. I'm going to add 1% of this goal this weekend.

It's not much but I was looking to add a PIII 500 to the mix. But it looks like the case and power supply are going to get nabbed for another system that has to go. I just wish I didn't have to get some new tires for my car. Then I'd have a couple hundred to get another system up and running. With some of the spare parts I have laying around, I could have thrown something halfway decent together.

Actually, I have another system sitting here. I don't know if the motherboard in it is any good though. And I need a processor. I haven't checked it all out to see what it will take yet. I do know is PPGA. I think the board will do 133 bus though. I was hoping to be able to toss a 1 ghz PIII on it and set it to folding but I'll have to check up on it.

I know relic had a pile of 933's he was giving out... you can try him. I have no Intel chips at this time... I have a spare xp1700 and a bigger Tbird. The duron based combo coming will get the thunderbird for more Horsepower. If you can scrape enough together to buy a socket A mobo somehow, I'll give you the Duron 800. the XP1700 is my spare incase I blow up the 2400M or the 2800barton.

I started backup here myself receantly, but everytime a WU finishes, the damn F@H program crashes on me. Have to restart it so it can finish another unit etc.... Kinda getting old in a hurry.

RedShred said:
I know relic had a pile of 933's he was giving out... you can try him. I have no Intel chips at this time... I have a spare xp1700 and a bigger Tbird. The duron based combo coming will get the thunderbird for more Horsepower. If you can scrape enough together to buy a socket A mobo somehow, I'll give you the Duron 800. the XP1700 is my spare incase I blow up the 2400M or the 2800barton.

If I knew the motherboard was good then I would have seen about getting one of the PIII's from relic. I wish my friend hadn't tossed out the Celeron 667s he had. At one point he had four of them in retail packaging but threw them out about a week before I got this system.

I actually have a Duron 950 around somewhere. I could also pull the T-Bird 1.33 out of my mom's system and toss the Duron back in if I had a good mobo to run it on. I had the T-bird running 1.57 ghz stably at one point.

Actually, that reminds me. I wonder if a friend of mine still has my old A7V133. I let him borrow the board and he thinks he may have toasted it when he killed his AXIA T-bird. I need to get that mobo & RAM back from him and try it out. If it works, all I'll need is a half decent power supply and I'll be in business with a T-Bird running 24/7 again.

I've ran an AXIA 1333 at 1470 with an *OLD* 200 watter. The older processors didnt seem so dependant on quality power... spoiled brats the new CPU's are.

Huan said:
I started backup here myself receantly, but everytime a WU finishes, the damn F@H program crashes on me. Have to restart it so it can finish another unit etc.... Kinda getting old in a hurry.

Huan,

Have you tried totally removing the program/folders from your system and reloading a new copy? It may solve the problem.

RedShred said:
I've ran an AXIA 1333 at 1470 with an *OLD* 200 watter. The older processors didnt seem so dependant on quality power... spoiled brats the new CPU's are.

I was thinking about grabbing something like a 250 watt Sparkle or something similar. Still decent power at a cheap price. Besides, about the only thing running will be the mobo, CPU and hard drive.

hopefully within a couple of weeks i will be adding a dual celeron 550 system to the mix (hey, it was cheap and my dual pentium 233 system has yet to turn in a wu).

i really need to go reb0rg that school... +1kppd:D maybe as high as 1.5k... i forget. it's been >1 month since it was running... i just haven't been back there recently.

today i put the dual 2.4 xeon rig back online as well as a new dual p3 1.0 system -thanks to Killer[MoB]. If i had a couple more hard drives i could put up dual 1.8xeons, a 933 p3, a 733 p3, and a celeron D 330 (thats 2.66ghz for those of you that arent up to date on intel new naming scheme)

--I NEED HARD DRIVES :rolleyes:

working on installing gentoo on my new file server/folding boxen

Well i'm back at it after a year or so off.

I took some time away from a bunch of stuff but redshred and I made a few comments over at therangerstation forums a few months back that's had me thinking. I miss the FS/FT thread over here... and I miss folding. At one point I had 20 someodd boxen folding for me... Well i'm back UP to 1 box and I'll soon have two. Ya'll better watch out here comes bakedon....
(redshred... I'm insertcoolname @ TRS)

Hito Bahadur said:
Huan,

Have you tried totally removing the program/folders from your system and reloading a new copy? It may solve the problem.

Well, I dumped the graphical version 5.03 for the text only version 5.02 and things seem to be working okay now thankfully, so got one machine back to work on the grind.. Donno what was up with the 5.03 though, odd

Impact9, I'd try and keep you out of the top 500, but, I just wiggled my way into the top 100 (99th on the team as of last check)...... So, I think you should come and knock me out of the top 100 :D actually, I'd like to see alot of people knock me out of the top 100... I only have 4 PCs running... of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to fight back into the top 100, but still.... :D

[edit]

There's not near enough red names behind me!

And way too many green names in front of me!!

Keep on Folding!!

OSUguy98 said:
Impact9, I'd try and keep you out of the top 500, but, I just wiggled my way into the top 100 (99th on the team as of last check)...... So, I think you should come and knock me out of the top 100 :D actually, I'd like to see alot of people knock me out of the top 100... I only have 4 PCs running... of course, that doesn't mean I wouldn't want to fight back into the top 100, but still.... :D

Keep on Folding!!

Be there in ~300 days.

a handful of people?!?

I'm folding like crazy and have been for a while now. Just in my room I have 7 processors working away furiously and a countless number of borgs in people's houses. All that and I can barely maintain my rank just within the top 100.

So yeah...

I'm getting a hub from a friend and moving into a new room in my house so I can set up more systems. I should be able to bring a couple more online soon if I can get some CAT5 cable and NICs. Ahhh the life of being eternally broke.:(

I talked to the art teacher at my high school about folding. She's one of those hippie types so I think she'll be more than happy to do it on her 2.4 Celery laptop. I gave her the website and she said she'd read about it, that was Wednesday. I didn't go to school today so I dont know for sure if she'll do it. When I go tomorrow I'll ask about it and if yes, I'll put team 33 in.

ya, that is scarry, im in the top 500 :confused: this cant be right...

yes, do all you can to kick me out of the top 500, i dont deserve it :p

I've got 5ghz folding, currently at 388. Closing on the top slow but steady. Catch me if you can! :D
u_VenusProbe

I just started borging at my college, with my friends' permissions, so I'm gonna have a whole bunch of 2 GhZ and up laptops running WU's for me in the next few days... I'll be climbing up pretty fast, try to keep me back =]

I just added another box so I've got 7.86 Ghz folding for the [H]orde. I hope to add another tomorrow! :p

u_VenusProbe

I just got one of my main rigs again... a 2200+ system. Soon it's gonna get a new (to it, anyway) case, motherboard, heatsink, and power supply... I should be able to get some much nicer OCs on the 8RDA+ than the A7V333. My main rig (now a Shuttle) will be getting the F@H treatment once I get a bit done to it (cut out the rear grill, get a new fan, AS5 instead of AS3...) and hopefully after Christmas I'll have another system (2000+, most likely) up and running and folding.

I still have some borgs leftover from my last spree, not sure on GHz though... anyway I'm back fighting the fight, after some hardware/OS swaps got me down.

Come get me at 183! I need to add some more boxen if I plan on moving into the top 100.

Buckus said:
Come get me at 183! I need to add some more boxen if I plan on moving into the top 100.
Sure, in around 2 years, you'll be eating my dust!
edit:

Wow... breaking back into the top 2000 (for the team... if i'm reading my stats right....) was way too easy. A lot of inactive folks way up here. i'll be down around 1000 soon....
Going to get another box online tonight. That'll be just over 5ghz for me.

Like I promised, I added another box (#5) for a total of 10.52Ghz 24/7. Moved up another spot to 384, gonna be a long climb to 300! :)

OSUguy98 said:

I'm coming.
I plan on borging my sisters barton 2500 this weekend. :)

Back