Web Based control of MCE

iownyou14

Limp Gawd
Im thinking of making a Media Center box and I wanted to know if there was some sort of Web Based control of the PVR functions in MCE. I see that you can do this is other PVR programs, but i really want to use MCE. If not, are there any plug ins that would do this.

I've got a simple HTPC (Just a PC hooked up to my TV and stereo) and I use UltraVNC to conrol it from any PC in the house or any PC on the internet.
My brother could control it from Missouri if I gave him the password (he uses UltraVNC to control his PC here in the spare room to grab movies and stuff from my file server).

I believe someone has come up with a plugin for this, I would check out The Green Button.

There is a plugin that you can use with MCE that is through MSN. You have to have a hotmail or msn account (email is fine), then you connect to tv.msn.com, view their program guide and select shows to record. I've tried it and it does work. (recorded a show from here at work). Unfortunately, it doesn't show what you are already scheduled to record, however...

Back