Web filter issues

Devilpup

[H]ard|Gawd
I recently started working on a small hobby website, mostly a place to post reviews of camping/hiking gear and what not that I've acquired. I am having a problem in that when I try to access my site, my web filter is picking it up as a "gaming" website. I do not have any references to games on there aside from my links page, which just has a link to [H]. I can access [H] without getting filtered so I don't know what the deal is.

Can someone more knowledgeable than I am explain how a basic website with very little content can be picked up by a filter as a "gaming" website when it's not related to gaming? I did use a generic template from a "gaming" category, but I'm not sure how it makes that connection.

Thanks.

What is your web filter set to look for?

Is there anything mentioning gaming in the <meta> tag inside the html?

To be honest I'm not sure what the web filter is searching for, that's why I was asking what might trigger it. This is what my <meta> tag looks like right now:

<meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<meta name="DESCRIPTION" content="Home">
<meta name="KEYWORDS" content="">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder 4.5.0">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/styles.css?template=xet-02&amp;colorScheme=green&amp;header=&amp;button=buttons1">

For reference, the site is www.runawaystompy.com

Last edited:
Ok I'm not sure what I changed but I'm not having the filtering issue anymore. It's still confusing to me as to exactly what happened but thanks for pointing out the meta tags. Now I know to throw some stuff in there if I want to be geared more towards search engines :)

Back