webhost going out of business - help me conver this crap to folding machines

hey guys,

i stopped hosting a few years back because i didnt have time and have a real job.

in the mean time i never sold my hardware, all my rackmount server chassis and network crap is still around and ive had to move it like three times. i need to get rid of this stuff, its ridiculous. so what i have is listed below, make me an offer or ask and ill post pictures if youre interested:

4u chassis - 4 of em, one is pretty nice, 2 are adequate, one is an AT case i converted with a tinsnips to accept an atx, its not pretty...

1u chassis - 1 of em, nice chassis, i NEVER used it. has a power supply...brackets for mounting, looks nice, i never had the hardware suitable for it.

24 port network HUB - i know right, yuck

12 port hub - more of the same, but its cheap

telecom tower - you know a server mounting framework used mostly for telecom appliances? i used to put all my UPSs and servers in this thing and it never fell or seemed unstable. the thing is like brand new. 72" tall and black, it comes apart into a 72" x 6" x 6" package so it will be ok to ship.

two ratty old RT314 Netgear routers ill let go cheap, nice things, but man everythigns wireless these days.

three efficient network DSL modems... TDS metrocom stuck these up my ass and i had to pay full boat for them and theyre not worth anything.

i also have a couple of new motherboards im having trouble getting to run, no idea what is wrong with them but they look ok, make me an offer.

monitors -- lots of 15" monitors, dont want to ship but im near chicago/milwaukee and im sure i can split the difference with you in driving.

maybe you guys can use this, maybe you can help me buy a couple boxes and have some space for em. send me an IM, and if you want pics thats fine, if you want to offer me a price im flexible.

in the meantime ill keep looking for more parts.

nggg! my family is having a reunion this summer in the dells, and I would totally pick some stuff up...except we're not going. And I don't think my parents or sister who live outside Milwaukee would want to run the errands for me. Darn it!

Do you think you'll still have that rack in december? :p

im sure going to try not to.

the mobos are both m7vkq, ones got a duron 950 (no fan), the other one an athlon 1600, again no fan.

they don't have rails. I had pins on my rack, I would hoist them on to those and then they had thumb nuts that went over the pins/studs.

Here are the cases:

One I spent decent money on, good case:
main.php

AT case i "converted" to ATX, notice the big hole in back for cards:
main.php

is this 1u or 2u?
main.php

I have two of these
main.php

btw they all have lids, removed for pics.

for the 4u's

$50 (the nice one), $15 (the hacked one), $30 & $30 (the "ok" 4us). Plus shipping. Ill deal for more than one shipped to the same person.

That's kinda what I figured. :(

Well, if you still have both of those "ok" ones on Friday I'll probably take them. Need to check with the wifey first. She has been nagging me to get rid of a bunch of my shit, too. I think I am at around 15 computers now. . . . I have been wanting to move my servers to rack mounts though and those two would be nice then I could clear out some of my shelves for other shit I have on the floor. :D

Back