Webroot SecureAnywhere

FenFox

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any experience with this AV? What do you think about it?

I've been running it since it was renamed SecureAnywhere. Wouldn't run anything else on my personal PCs. Mostly, because it's super quick to install and it scans faster than anything else. Never had a problem or an infection. Rumor is that it uses less system resources than Windows Defender... though I don't have anything to back that up right now.

I recommend that if you purchase it, go through a third party. Amazon/Newegg routinely have the 3 PC AV on sale for $15.

Last edited:
I've been running it since it was renamed SecureAnywhere. Wouldn't run anything else on my personal PCs. Mostly, because it's super quick to install and it scans faster than anything else. Never had a problem or an infection. Rumor is that it uses less system resources than Windows Defender... though I don't have anything to back that up right now.

I recommend that if you purchase it, go through a third party. Amazon/Newegg routinely have the 3 PC AV on sale for $15.

"3 PC AV" ?

From looking at a few reviews/tutorials about it on YouTube, Windows Defender seems to be better. Webroot misses a lot of phishing/viruses/malware etc., that other programs pick up / delete / quarantine.

Can't say I've ever seen that issue before, though I don't use Chrome but a Chomium variant called Vivaldi. Regarding detection rates.. Never had an infection myself, and neither has my mother in law who's computer illiterate and browses facebook and crap all day.

Back