Website reviews J&W MINIX 780G mini-ITX

I have the board and have tested it with the IGP, 7600GS, and x1950 pro. The x16 slot even though it is not a full x16 slot performs well. I have noticed any difference in performance between the 7600GS or the x1950 pro in a full x16 slot.

The bios of this board, I will disagree with the articles conclusion I have not found it to be convoluted at all. I will admit the vcore section in justw00t not allowing the full range and having the option located elsewhere in the bios was a odd choice.

The board over clocks well both the IGP and CPU. When using the IGP the max overclock of the cpu is lower. It most definitely clocks better when using a external video card. I am extremely happy with my itx htpc. I love the fact that if I need the extra gaming performance just pop the hood and insert any spare x16 video card. Oh and btw the case really determines whether or not you need airflow over the igp. With my itx case I had did not need it at stock speeds( i.e. it did not lock up or crash like the reviewers did). I did add a fan for peace of mind when overclocking the IGP.

Well, PCI-E x8 2.0 is equivalent to x16 1.0/1.1 in bandwidth. So it could probably still run most non-X2 cards at full tilt regardless.

So? Whats your point?

Anyways, thinking about picking one of these up to replace the mobo in my KPC making it a tiny gaming rig. :)

I have a monitor that includes displayport. I want to use it. I have been thinking about matx or itx computer for very long time, but I haven't found a motherboard I like.

I have a monitor that includes displayport. I want to use it. I have been thinking about matx or itx computer for very long time, but I haven't found a motherboard I like.

DisplayPort's advantages over DVI-D are mostly connector size and the fact that it's packet-based, and can support things like daisy-chaining monitors off of one connection (which will be awesome for notebooks someday). But it's not like there's any quality difference in what you see on the screen (and it doesn't even have the bandwidth of dual-link DVI as far as I know). I'm a bit perplexed that anyone wants to use DisplayPort only because they can...

x8 is ok, but x4 is major bottleneck from a review of the Gigabyte G45 with a x4 16 lane.

Back