Weird beeping sounds when running PRIME 95.

Noni

Limp Gawd
I replaced my dead motherboard, my old Asus Sli deluxe had damage so i bought a new one, put a zalman heatsink on it and off I went.

Everything booted up fine, I changed my usual settings in the BIOS (I.E. No silly logo at startup).

But, to test I used PRIME 95 and to my confusion I get random beeps. This are fast paced beeps and dont seem to be coming from the motherboard (as I took the speaker cable out of the motherboard header and the noise was still there. The noise is best described as a quietesh very fast paced beeps. It seems as though it is coming from the top end of my computer. Although I cannot be sure.

Here is my specs-

- AMD 3800+ Venice

- ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE

- ZALMAN 9500 and ZALMAN NB HEATSINK

- 7800GTX 256mb

- 250GB SATA HD

Need more info..."top of the computer" doesn't help us since we can't see it :). Try to find out exactly what it is coming from.

I would guess it is probably heat related since Prime95 is used for testing maximum loads.

Kirb,

Its getting weird now.

Changed PSU- Noise still there

Tigtened CPU COOLER- Still there

Disconnected SPEAKER HEADER from MB - Still there

Reconnected NB COOLER (ZALMAN PASSIVE) - Still there (although i can fiddle with it abit, but maximum load VIA ASUS UTILITY is 37C. But when I touch it it burns me :(.

Disconnected DVD drives- Still there

Reseated Motherboard- Still there

Listened to hardrive- Not from there

GPU- Not there

Turned off EXHAUST fan and CPU fan- Still there

Changed PSu and even ran psu outside the comp- Still there

Im currently running prime to check if the computer is stable at all. Unusally the computer is quite hot after a 5-10min gaming session.(Probably just me)

Thanks for any help and sorry for the vauge post.

EDIT- Its a very faint beeps, its a very very faced paced beeps too.

Nope,

I think it may be a bent resistor (sorry for the blurry pic)-

Its near the area of the noise and it is quite bent (bending around 55-65 Degrees).

Thanks.

Maybe the harddrive? Move the harddrive outside the case, then see where the sound comes from.

Definatly not from HD mate.

I asked some other people and they confirmed its from the capacitaors. Im gon try and RMA the board now and try and get a refund.

Thanks.

>.< i was just gonna say its the capacitors. goodluck with the board

Thanks guys,

These last 2 weeks have been hell for me, computer wise. Im never going into my comp again.

Thanks.

Noni said:
Thanks guys,

These last 2 weeks have been hell for me, computer wise. Im never going into my comp again.

Thanks.
Yeah, you'll be able to hold to that for 2 months max.

Noni said:
Nope,

I think it may be a bent resistor (sorry for the blurry pic)-

Its near the area of the noise and it is quite bent (bending around 55-65 Degrees).

Thanks.

For one the thing that is most prominent in the area you circled is a capacitor not a resistor. From the picture although it is quite blurry, looks like the capacitor might be leaking some of the fluid from it. Can you take a better picture of that area without so much flash and a little clearer? If so and it proves to be leaking then that is probably going to cause you even more problems in the future.

???

Back