500watts Silverstone PSU
Power color 5770 1Gb
AMD X4 630
500GB 7200.12 Seagate HD
22x Samsung DVDRW
OCZ 2x2GB DDR2-800 5-5-5-18 1.8v
Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2H rev 1.3 w/ F10 Bios
win7 x64

The PC was working fine for 24hours or so then the next morning when I tried to boot windows i got continuous long beeps.I couldn't boot anymore... one of the 2GB stick was dead so I sent it back to OCZ for a RMA.

I just received and installed the new memory today. I tried to run prime95 x64 blend but it keeps failing after a few minutes (errors on core(s)). No BSOD or reboot...just error on core(s). I also get some funky desktop artifacts/visual corruption like big green squares with red lines. I ran Furmark stability for 20min or so and there's no artifacts in the 3D rendering...just on the desktop or when I open a program or folder (not all the time thought kinda random)

I'm gonna run a few pass of memtest tonight to see if it's the ram acting up again but I believe it is an overheating northbridge or CPU? Nothing is overclocked, all stock 100% w/ the stock cooler.

Any idea guys?

thanks

Try running Furmark for more than 20 minutes. Maybe like an hour or so.

It's the f00king OCZ ram acting up again. Tried one stick at a time and
One stick fails within 1 - 3min the other is stable

I swear to god I'm never buying OCZ again. It's the only memory company that I had to do countless of RMAs to get a working pair. Totally ridiculous. I bought about 12 OCZ memory kits in the past 2 years or so and I had to do 6 RMAs. I bought more G.Skill ram and never had to do a single RMA

Ouch. Well glad to see you found the source of your problems.

Back