Weird Desktop crashes win7 x64

g33zy

Goes Down Easy
Ok so i'm having some issues with my dekstop crashing whenever i try to rename anything. It's usually fine renaming somthing when it's in a folder but when it's on the desktop it freezes and if left alone will take up to about 15 seconds to rename. If clicked while waiting it will cause the white screen and the option to "restart the program, close the program etc".

Now if I close or restart the program it usually fixes the issue, however it's clear that something is wrong.

Another random issue is one dekstop gadget does not show up. Any of the drive info gadgets do not work, such as Q's drive info, or Sushi drive info. If i drag them onto the desktop they just disappear. All the other gadgets work fine except those.

wtf is up?:confused:

is the desktop right protected ?? (check the folder properties under your username and the security functions..

is it cluttered (i only a completely empty desktop..) the search function i use and my most reg is in the list.......

well I can add other gadgets to the dekstop so it wouldn't seem to be protected...

as for cluttered, i wouldn't say that. here's a screencap:

screencape.jpg

I don't think I have anything which will actually help. I would guess either the OS is screwed up somehow or your user profile may be screwed up somehow. You might try creating a new Windows profile and see if the same problems happen with that one. If the problems don't happen, then it's highly likely something happened to your old profile to screw it up.

Virus? Antivirus? What Antivirus are you running? It might be trying to lock and scan the files as you are trying to work with them.

Back