Weird DVD Drive problem. Help.

LunchboX3904

[H]ard|Gawd
I just upgraded to a DFI Lanparty NF4 Ultra-D board and for some reason, my DVD drive doesn't work. It shows up in the bios and My Computer, but when i put a disc into it and 15 seconds after I try to access it, I get this messege....

CD:

DVD:

Yea, fun stuff. I installed every driver that looked remotely relevant on DFI's site and have installed the latest nVidia chipset drivers.....a couple times. help.

UPDATE: I just threw in the DVD "The Pursuit of Happyness" and it showed up just fine. But Company of heroes and and CD thus far, have gotten one of those errors, respectively.

uninstall the Nvidia chipset drivers. Re-install, but do a custom installation. DO NOT INSTALL THE NVIDIA SW IDE DRIVER! once the install and reboot is done, check function. if it works, you're done. If not, make sure you don't have Alcohol, DaemonTools, or Roxio Media Creator installed. I've run into this with several games. They will not install, or see any file on the disk, with these "CD/DVD Duplication" software installed on your system. Oblivion has this problem, and will not see anything other than the autorun.inf file if Roxio is installed. Took me a while to figure that one out, very weird. Try again after uninstallation of your CD/DVD duping software.

Back