Weird reboot behavior

have2p

Limp Gawd
Asus P5W DH Dlx
E6600
2GB Ballistix Tracer DDR800
PC P&C 510w
7800GT

I'm starting to overclock this E6600. With my CPU voltage at 1.5v and my FSB at 335 (3015mhz) this system is relatively stable, but whenever I reboot the computer shuts down completely for about three seconds and then turns back on. This happens from windows, bios, whenever I make it restart. Its weird and scary. What's going on?

Have you added any voltage to your NB? I know my system will act a bit wiggy with reboots and all if it doesn't have enough NB voltage for the current speed.

I'll try it. Should I give any consideration to NB cooling with this mobo or can I just stick with stock?

Stock cooling isn't bad...but for a stand-alone NB heatsink, the Thermalright HR-05 is excellent...as well as the Thermaltake Extreme Spirit II. Depends on your specific setup I guess and what space constraints you're working with, but the HR-05 is what I'm getting for my ICFX3200.

Nevermind, MHB Chipset Voltage, got it.

Bumping up the NB volts doesn't seem to fix the problem. The system is 100% stable at 3.4ghz but it still does this freaky restart. Should I be concerned with it?

Can you run Orthos Blend a good 6-12 hours without issue?

Even if Orthos Blend passes for 12+ hours and it keeps restarting it might be worth looking into because technically something isn't right, and I dunno if I could rest easy not knowing what.

Please read the original post.

All is well, but when I restart the computer (from BIOS or Windows), rather than simply restarting, the computer shuts off (totally silent) for three seconds and then turns back on. This only happens when vcore is above stock.

Please read the original post.

All is well, but when I restart the computer (from BIOS or Windows), rather than simply restarting, the computer shuts off (totally silent) for three seconds and then turns back on. This only happens when vcore is above stock.

Sorry 'bout that...and now that I think of it, this is pretty much the same thing that mine does...not sure if there's much that can be done...but yeah, everytime it's restarted it shuts down for a brief period. I dunno, I guess it never really kicked in because you're the only other person I've seen have the same issue.

I'm running a DFI ICFX3200-T2R/G though.

Back