Weird Samsung LCD problem

doanster

Limp Gawd
I recently acquired an old Samsung 173V that's working, but not quite right.
Turns out that the only way to turn the monitor on so that there's a display on the screen is to unplug the analog VGA connector (with the computer on), wait until the "No signal detected" message appears on the screen, then plug the VGA connector back in. Then everything's fine. If I ever turn off the computer or monitor, then I'd have to redo this process again.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

definitely should not be like that on any monitor, go back and exchange it :eek:

how do you know it's not the video card/drivers that is the prob

how do you know it's not the video card/drivers that is the prob

That was my suspicion too at first, but I've sinced tested it with three other analog monitors without any problems :eek:

I've had that happen with lots of LCDs in the past. It's almost as if the LCD just stops trying to detect a signal and is "awakened" by resetting the connection. A minor inconvenience. :p

I've had that happen with lots of LCDs in the past. It's almost as if the LCD just stops trying to detect a signal and is "awakened" by resetting the connection. A minor inconvenience. :p

Really?? Good to know I'm not alone. In that case, do you still have to "reset" the connection each time you turn on your computer?

Back