weird temps lately...

thabub

Limp Gawd
My rig has been idling at like 47-49ishC lately but it only maxxes out at like 51C. The room temp has been a little big higher lately, but not much, I blew a bunch of dust out of my radiator the other day and that didn't help too much surprisingly. I have an abit nf7-s with a mobile axp @2.6ghz gettin 1.85 volts. i have a dtek spiral block with a c-systems csp750 black dtek version pump and a single 120mm heatercore with a push pull config with 2 fans. I also have a dangerden round reservoir that is about 3/4 the way full. Could more water help? I have about 20% zerex racing coolant to distilled water mix. There is nothing growing in the res and the flow hasn't dropped lately so i'm assuming everything is still clean, but i filled the system last summer originally and have done not water maintenace since. Thanks :)

what were temps before hand? Adding more water will not help the system at all, since it doesn't change the amount of heat being put into the loop, nor the cooling capacity of the radiator. The only thing that more water would do is make it take a few seconds longer for the water to heat up to its max/idle temps (also take slightly longer to cool down to idle from load). It wouldn't change the actual temperature of the water.

The fact that your idle and load temps are so close together suggests to me that it isn't a radiator problem, I am more inclined to blame it on the pump or the waterblock, but it is hard to tell without knowing temps before hand.

I was idling like 40-45 before max and load was about the same at around 50, but after gaming for a long time. Ususally stays under 45 just runnin firefox, winamp, and a text editor but lately it is pushing 49-50 and no change when i play a game. I don't have some weird processes sucking up my cpu power either at idle. Thanks

I would take everything apart and see if they are clogged. Maybe with teflon tape. I had this happen to me when i was leak testing. I took everything apart and took the teflon tape out. I would also test your pump and see if it is pumping correctly.

Back