weird video playback issue

FingerSlut

Gawd
I have a BFG 6800GT.

When I play a video, the gama is way too high, and the colors are off. While the video is playing, I can go to display properties, settings and when I click advanced, the video fixes itself as soon as the nvidia controls load up. What gives? :confused:

The videos at the beginning of BF2 are displaying properly.

I uninstalled my videocard drivers with driver cleaner and reinstalled them. No worky.

Also on my desktop, there seems to be feint horizontal lines running across my screen.

Is my card borked?

Oh and 3d works fine with no visual artifacts.

This card is not overclocked.

If your using Nvidia 77.72 drivers, that is the problem, me and a friend had the same thing happen. Either downgrade, or goto guru3d.com and grab some newer ones that have fixed the problem. There is also another fix i read somewhere but i cant remember where it was... but im pretty sure its the drivers your using.

nope, just installed 77.56 drivers and it still does it. Odd, when only windows drivers are running the card, there are no lines at all. So i guess it is driver related??? :confused:

FingerSlut said:
Also on my desktop, there seems to be feint horizontal lines running across my screen.

Does your monitor have an apeture grille?

FingerSlut said:
nope, just installed 77.56 drivers and it still does it. Odd, when only windows drivers are running the card, there are no lines at all. So i guess it is driver related??? :confused:

I'd have to guess that 77.56 was a beta release that was building up to the 77.72, so they likely share a lot of the same quirks. Try the 77.76 beta drivers.

Back