Weird Windows Explorer Problem

djnes

Fully [H]
This is with Vista Business 32. I seem to have lost my ability in Explorer to drag and select multiple items, or use the shift or control keys to select a group or individual items. I tried setting the folder type to All Items, then to Documents, etc and nothing seems to revert back.

It's not a system wide problem, because I can go into Outlook and use the CTRL key to select several random e-mails. It's just in Explorer. Has anyone seen this before?

This is with Vista Business 32. I seem to have lost my ability in Explorer to drag and select multiple items, or use the shift or control keys to select a group or individual items. I tried setting the folder type to All Items, then to Documents, etc and nothing seems to revert back.

It's not a system wide problem, because I can go into Outlook and use the CTRL key to select several random e-mails. It's just in Explorer. Has anyone seen this before?

Nope, haven't seen it...

But just as a novel idea, have you tried restarting?

Sometimes I troubleshoot a stupid little problem like this until I am about ready to hit the darn computer with a hammer... And I never think of trying the most simple fix of all :)

Yeah, I restarted, and shut the computer down when I left work for the day.

Back