Well as I said a month ago this was a DUD launch

sparks

2[H]4U
The CEO of intel said these processors will be available everywhere at launch..

"All Models will be available In quantity" was his key words

YEA WHERE ?????

most sites that are legit have not seen one.

Others are taking orders that won't be filled.

INTEL F UP big time

no wonder there were very few boards why build something with no processors

yes I sell land for a dollar an acre when I don't have any

at least AMD can say we have them, I bet they wish they hadn't cut their prices so soon.
Why they could have screwed hundreds of fan boys in that extra 2 weeks LOL

sparks

Did you miss all the other posts about places to order? 6300 is shipping today from Tiger.

Yeah the 6300 and 6400 are still shipping from TD, and some people that got in early have tracking numbers for the 6600s (not sure about the 6700s).

But it does seem Intel never really announced that they weren't supposed to ship C2Ds until 8/7. ClubIT claims to have stock in their warehouse but are just unable to ship...ZZF seems to be the same way for the 6300s since many people's orders are now "packed" just not shipped. Looks like Newegg is just going to wait until the 7th and ship them out as always.

Initial impressions so far: not much of any core 2 duos are available. Considering that the 6600, 6700 and 6800 seemed to be in very limited amount everywhere (read other "where is blah blah blah" threads), this launch does not seem to be promising. Personally, I am waiting at least a month for the core 2 duos as well as the supporting mbs to be readily available to chose. Besides, 1.5 month is not a long time.

sparks said:

YEA WHERE ?????

INTEL F UP big time

at least AMD can say we have them, I bet they wish they hadn't cut their prices so soon.

sparks

Yup, seems like a Dud to me as well. If you posted this last week, I may have argued with you.

It was NOT a dud, as today isn't the official launch for anything but the Core 2 Extreme X6800, which has been on sale in limited quanities for awhile. The real launch date is AND ALWAYS HAS been August 7th.

Proof? Of course, directly from Intel:

Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August.

gepetto said:
anyone spot any 6400 ES for sale yet ?

If by "ES" you mean engineering sample then you won't find them for sale.... at least not from a store. ES chips are property of Intel and it is illegal to sell them. If you want to try and get your hands on one start looking around on e-bay and tech forums. They may/may not pop up.

sparks said:

YEA WHERE ?????

INTEL F UP big time

sparks

Lol, yeah, it's perfectly rational to make blathering complaints about a new product rollout several hours after the release.

sparks said:

Yeah he did say that. Now why don't you wait until launch to post? AFAIK, launch for the regular C2Ds was August 7, everyone was just hoping it would get released sooner. Don't believe me? Believe intel:

http://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/20060727comp.htm

Any regular C2Ds shipped before early August is just gravy, so any C2D's being shipped now, is exceeding expectations at launch. So in essence your post and prediction so far is the DUD.

deeznuts said:
Yeah he did say that. Now why don't you wait until launch to post? AFAIK, launch for the regular C2Ds was August 7, everyone was just hoping it would get released sooner. Don't believe me? Believe intel:

Any regular C2Ds shipped before early August is just gravy, so any C2D's being shipped now, is exceeding expectations at launch. So in essence your post and prediction so far is the DUD.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA... pwnt. Well done. :D

aggressor said:
It was NOT a dud, as today isn't the official launch for anything but the Core 2 Extreme X6800, which has been on sale in limited quanities for awhile. The real launch date is AND ALWAYS HAS been August 7th.

Proof? Of course, directly from Intel:

Right!

Here's what that today's press release from Intel says: (bold is mine)

"Pricing and Availability

Intel has been shipping production-ready Intel Core 2 Duo processors for all segments in advance of today's unveiling. Initial Intel Core 2 Extreme processor-based systems are now available from system manufacturers, resellers and integrators, including Intel Channel Partner Program members. Intel Core 2 Duo desktop processor-based systems will be available beginning in early August. Intel Core 2 Duo processor-based notebooks will be available at the end of August."

Notice they say nothing about boxed product ... doh! Guess who gets priority? Dell, HP, high-performance gaming vendors, etc.

If you get a Conroe CPU that's not in a system earlier than Aug 7, it's just Intel doing you guys a favor. Intel didn't make any promises about availability of just the CPUs.

deeznuts said:

Well thats easy to point out, except that press release was issued today, the launch day. There wasnt a seperate launch date in August except for Merom.

deeznuts said:
Are you serious? You have never seen the date August 7 before today? I wonder what a simple google search would turn up ...

http://www.google.com/search?source...s=GGLJ,GGLJ:2006-05,GGLJ:en&q=conroe+august+7

I received an email from microcenter saying the same thing a few days ago.

I see nothing that says "Conroe launch date pushed back to August 7". Today is the Conroe launch date, not the "Some Conroes" launch date. And when the CEO says that all models will be available in quantity on launch date, thats today, July 27th.

Dude wheres my conroe. True the ceo confirmed plenty of conroes on launch where the hell are they. :mad:

wheels2040 said:
I see nothing that says "Conroe launch date pushed back to August 7". Today is the Conroe launch date, not the "Some Conroes" launch date. And when the CEO says that all models will be available in quantity on launch date, thats today, July 27th.
You are wrong. For example: Anandtechs article was published July 14th, and had this to say about the release date: Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August.

It has ALWAYS been the 7th, you just didn't bother to read everything. You probably read half of it and automatically assumed all Core 2 Duos were being released ont he same day.

aggressor said:
You are wrong. For example: Anandtechs article was published July 14th, and had this to say about the release date: Intel Core 2 Extreme processor based systems and boxed product are expected to be available on the day of launch, 27 July. Intel Core 2 Duo processor based systems and boxed product [through places such as Newegg] are expected to be available from 7 August.

It has ALWAYS been the 7th, you just didn't bother to read everything. You probably read half of it and automatically assumed all Core 2 Duos were being released on the same day.

Intel release dates are fluid. A continuing process. Besides it takes time to pull out the ATI stickers from the Conroe box`s and put in the Nvidia ones.

lol about the ati stickers comment above. I got in on a 6600 from TD but cancelled because it was overpriced for an oem chip and it wouldn't hurt (only help) me to wait longer.

why is everyone going crazy we all know that we want some nforce590 boards by then there would be plenty of Conroes. :D :D

civictyper16 said:
why is everyone going crazy we all know that we want some nforce590 boards by then there would be plenty of Conroes. :D :D

Dream Machine #11 2006

aggressor said:

It has ALWAYS been the 7th, you just didn't bother to read everything. You probably read half of it and automatically assumed all Core 2 Duos were being released ont he same day.

Interesting that Intel's own website doesn't seem to list anything concerning "August 7th".

There's one Intel press release on the subject, with this to say:

"Intel Core 2 Duo desktop processor-based systems will be available beginning in early August."

All it mentions, are Core 2 Duo-based systems being present in early August. Now that press release indicates the processor was launched, and this is confirmed by the fact that some retailers have been selling C2Ds already. Now, here's the thing: if they don't begin actually shipping them until some time in August, it's a paper launch. If the orders that some retailers have taken ship within the next few days, then it means it was a limited (i.e. low availability) launch.

Until you actually produce a link from Intel's site stating that August 7th is the official launch of the non-Extreme Core 2 Duos (something that is impossible, given that the press release issued today launched the entire lineup, including Merom processors), then all of your points have essentially been mute.

ToastMaster said:
Until you actually produce a link from Intel's site stating that August 7th is the official launch of the non-Extreme Core 2 Duos (something that is impossible, given that the press release issued today launched the entire lineup, including Merom processors), then all of your points have essentially been mute.

I think the proper term is "moot". Sorry to nitpick, continue the argument.

sparks said:

YEA WHERE ?????

INTEL F UP big time

sparks

It wasn't a dud... you just missed out. This morning when I got to work, everyone had them in stock. You just didn't get to it fast enough. You snooze, you lose!

People who had the coin to spend didn't miss out, something tells me that the people complaining about availability weren't going to buy one today anyways.

So, did you actually get one, and did it ship to you yet, or is this just speculation?
The 6300's are the only ones that I saw that were confirmed to be in stock anywhere this morning, other than the BS ones at Tiger Direct that were in stock, not in stock, in stock, not in stock....etc.

Andrew

tikicult said:
It wasn't a dud... you just missed out. This morning when I got to work, everyone had them in stock. You just didn't get to it fast enough. You snooze, you lose!

sparks said:

YEA WHERE ?????

INTEL F UP big time

sparks

I hate to say this but you AMD !!!!!!s... I mean, do you have jobs? Lives maybe? I used to think you were human beings but lately I've begun to think otherwise. Maybe you're loyal robots that can't go against their code - you spend your days refreshing internet websites and counting down days to the incorrect product launch just to go "AHA AT LEAST WE AMD HAEV PROESOR!!111!" Remember AMD64, young one? Such great processors with no motherboards to give them a home? Listen, you would have been stupid to buy an Athlon XP a few months before the launch of the AMD64 - and you'd have been equally moronic (If not moreso) to buy an AMD64 a few months before the release of the Conroe (Because it's a far greater performance leap). We haven't seen an upgrade like this in years (Yes on both sides), so shut your mouths about "You wait for this you might as well wait forever!" just because you want people to sink more of their money in your company in order to abide by some kind of twisted plan to keep them fiscally stable. Sometimes someone doesn't want to buy technology that is about to become outdated - maybe they want the most out of their money, even if that means waiting a bit for the latest and greatest (That will also be better price/performance). Even if they know people far more dedicated to technology than they are will easily (and viciously) eat the first few skus like birthday cake at a children's party.

And wait for early August, just like Intel told you to. Even if it's still a slightly shaky launch, well lots of people are going to be buying these up. I'll be looking at Dell's site - I wonder how many Core 2 Duos they got their hands on? Launches are rarely perfect, but just because you were all wrong about Conroe being a hoax doesn't mean you need to start picking away at it's launch date. Just drop it, ok? If you don't want to accept that the Conroe is a great processor that's fine with me, but for the love of all that is good just shoo.

aamsel said:
So, did you actually get one, and did it ship to you yet, or is this just speculation?
The 6300's are the only ones that I saw that were confirmed to be in stock anywhere this morning, other than the BS ones at Tiger Direct that were in stock, not in stock, in stock, not in stock....etc.

Andrew

No, I didn't order one as I am waiting for 590 to come out. However, my post is based on actual observations I made on the stores' websites as I cruised around the 'net before the boss got in.

ChronicTrees said:
People who had the coin to spend didn't miss out, something tells me that the people complaining about availability weren't going to buy one today anyways.

TRU DAT :D

ryan_975 said:
I think the proper term is "moot". Sorry to nitpick, continue the argument.

Well, I've honestly seen it both ways. "Moot" is the much more common version however, and I likely should have used it.

:)

tikicult said:

The fact that retailers sold out so quickly, and a few have only been able to allow a few more orders of the E6300, means that the quantity at the moment is rather limited. Given that I can't go to most of the major etailers and pick one up, I think the launch does infact qualify as a dud.

That having been said, I haven't ordered yet simply because I haven't yet decided between an E6600 and the E6700 :/.

ToastMaster said:
The fact that retailers sold out so quickly, and a few have only been able to allow a few more orders of the E6300, means that the quantity at the moment is rather limited. Given that I can't go to most of the major etailers and pick one up, I think the launch does infact qualify as a dud.

That having been said, I haven't ordered yet simply because I haven't yet decided between an E6600 and the E6700 :/.

Did you guys ever think that maybe quantity is fine, but its surpassed by the demand???

Its a hot product and everyone wants one..........not surprised by the shortage.

Back