Well, i did it 120mm on PC-65B Lian :)

2004_1116Blake0008.JPG

Im still not complete i have to clean up the hole and make it smooth and round
2004_1116Blake0009.JPG

It blows right across the HD, and it kinda creates a wind tunnel blowing directly at my Video Card(should help with the OCing)
2004_1116Blake0015.JPG

Successful endeavor i suggest it to all whom can do it, it droped my system temps 6 Degrees, and my CPU temps 3 Degrees, id say thats nifty
:eek: :eek:

witness! we'll post greater detailed pics on friday when we (we know each other) gut mine.

it should also be noted on the record that the front panel covers it up, so it looks like a stock lian-li :)

beautiful blake... im sure we will do mine the same soon enough :D you guys have too much fun while im down here in college....

please post and let me know what you think...good bad ugly gross awesome excellent idea something i need feedback

That looks pretty good but it's easy to make a hole that no one will see. I want to see how your front bezel turned out.

other than your system temps I don't see what the big deal is.. are you leaving your bezel the same? if not what's it look like?

aL Mac said:
other than your system temps I don't see what the big deal is.. are you leaving your bezel the same? if not what's it look like?

yeah the front bezel stays the same.

It doesn't have to be a "big deal" its just a nice little mod, drops your temp a little, couldn't hurt, and looks just the same. ;) We are doing mine over Thanksgiving break :D

basically you are celebrating the fact that you somehow, someway fitted a 120mm fan into the small front bezel of a good case (all of them should have the hole you cut.)

well done.

You dont even see it.... So how does it look like ass? Lian should have come with a 120 in front, they are just all around better, but they didn't so we are fixing that problem ;)

I'd personally try to make it look like the 120mm fan was stock. get another piece of metal and mod it over the hole or some kind of mesh or something. I know you can't see it from the outside.. but I'd know it's there.. Even if you just cut out a piece of thin metal and screwed it over the hole and had a perfectly cut circle in it..

I was also a little turned off by the fact you and your friends hyped it up for the first 7 posts of this thread.

I think it was a good idea for a 120 maybe.. but it's not pretty.. even if you can't see it most of the time.. you posted about it being "beautiful" and while it's definately functional as you said it dropped your system temps a lot.. I wouldn't say it's pretty.

PolarbearBigEd said:
that looks like ass.... :mad:
Ruined a perfectly good Lian Li :rolleyes:

exactly what I was thinking, I guess it is covered up though, so it doesn't really affect the appearance

hard to believe one 120mm is that much better then two 80mm fans

I know that it is being covered up, but i would be bothered every time i looked at it and thought "eww that thing is ugly inside". You said to post Good and Bad, so plz don't flame me. Just an opinion. I hope you can clean it up a bit more, as there is a certain enigma that comes along with LiLi cases, and i don't think that mess you made is preserving it. Clean 'r' up and lets see how it turns out!

apHytHiaTe said:
I know that it is being covered up, but i would be bothered every time i looked at it and thought "eww that thing is ugly inside". You said to post Good and Bad, so plz don't flame me. Just an opinion. I hope you can clean it up a bit more, as there is a certain enigma that comes along with LiLi cases, and i don't think that mess you made is preserving it. Clean 'r' up and lets see how it turns out!

If it lowered temps, then i'd say it's worth it...
I like your location :) and Sig :p

theyangster said:
If it lowered temps, then i'd say it's worth it...
I like your location :) and Sig :p

I'm going to have to go with what theyangster said.... took the words out of my mouth :D

Well today i was medling around and we did this particular mod to my friends case, armed with a new dremel and lots of bits we made it look alot better, inspired by his i decided to once again disassemble my computer and launch and all out grinding and sanding assault...the results are 100% better than previously posted, i hope u like this one better than the last

2004_1120Blake10019.JPG

2004_1120Blake10024.JPG

2004_1120Blake10021.JPG

once i get the whole metal working thing down i do plan to make it look stock but for me thats not an option right now, anyone else want to donate thier time then go for it

yeah, he smoothed the edges etc... it does look cleaner, but soon we will attempt at filling those old fan spaces. But first we need to stealth your drive ;)

Don't stealth it, buy a universal cover it's a lot better. It's basically a cover that fits over the drive and connects to the holes on each side with a spring loaded door..

UT-Jackal said:
dont do it blake... stealthing is cheaper and looks better ;)

contradictions.. ?

First off I don't think stealthing looks better.. Yes it is cheaper I suppose.. but it also has to be a hassal to not have an accessible button to push to open your optical drives. The universal covers I have on my lian-li look very nice.

For someone who was concerned with functionality only before when modding the 120 mm fan over the 2 80 mm fans and wasn't concerned what it looked like under the bezel I'm suprised that you don't care about the functionality of the cover and having an actual button to press..

If you laid down $130 for a lian-li case.. you would think that you'd spare the $10 or so for the cover to make it look nice. Otherwise why not go just get yourself a $30 case and mod some huge fans on it?

I prefer the look of a stealthed drive, and the way i do mine it is functional ;) just press down on the bottom right side of it and it opens, so its functional. No contradictions here :p

lol nice mod, lil rusty but it works none the less. good job :)
i got a 120mm on the top of my pc65b :)

Back