Well, its here.

D4hPr0

Gawd
Will be updating this once I get it running.

Conroe.jpg

If your board came with the 0401 bios please try and boot it up before updating your bios so we know if it works or not with the retail boxed processor.

I'm lucky and was able to borrow a pentium-d 805 from work to get my p5w reflashed to 0701 but many others will not be so lucky..

-JWM

cec1l said:
If your board came with the 0401 bios please try and boot it up before updating your bios so we know if it works or not with the retail boxed processor.

I'm lucky and was able to borrow a pentium-d 805 from work to get my p5w reflashed to 0701 but many others will not be so lucky..

-JWM

Not worried. Ill just use my 955XE to flash it. Thanks for the heads up.

Oh!! And I got it from www.antaresdigital.com

D4hPr0 said:
Not worried. Ill just use my 955XE to flash it. Thanks for the heads up.

Yes but many of us ARE worried! :p

If you have the 0401 bios please go ahead and try booting up the X6800 without first flashing the board!

-JWM

Oooo

Asus got some professional looking boxes now. Looks a lot more professional than my A7N8X box, but for the price i'm sure it should :D (note: if new box styling has been around for a while please ignore my comment due to being out of the loop )

Make sure to take a few pics of the opened boxes and the processor by itself. :D

Document every second of the build, installation, and LOTS OF BENCHMARKS!

Now what are you still here for? MOVE, BOY!

Im still @ work and my new water pump didnt come in yet, but Ill be taking my current system apart and get it ready at least. Will take lots of pics for you guys though.

Chip.jpg

So wait, you are waiting for the water pump to actually boot this system up?

WE NEED FIRST HAND EXPERIENCES NOW THOUGH!!!!!!!

Big deal...he's only got the fastest desktop processor ever made, before its actual release, and a kickass motherboard with a snazzy remote control....big deal

That box may be nice, but "ASUS: Rock Solid. Heart Touching" is pretty damn funny.

thanks for including pictures! (and the fact that they haven't exceed free bandwidth limits yet)

belmicah said:
Big deal...he's only got the fastest desktop processor ever made, before its actual release, and a kickass motherboard with a snazzy remote control....big deal

Yeah, pssshhhttt... who cares... I know I do... um I mean don't... yeah, that's right, who cares... ;).

Lazy_Moron said:
So wait, you are waiting for the water pump to actually boot this system up?

WE NEED FIRST HAND EXPERIENCES NOW THOUGH!!!!!!!

Well I was going to wait for the pump, VREG blocks for both of my X1900's and Corsair 800Mhz CL3 ram, but Im a bit afraid for my life now. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So..................Im leaving work now and I will be swapping it out ASAP and get some benches up for you guys tonight. It might take me a bit to swap it out though as I have to deal with a bit of plumbing.

Anyways, here is a pic of the system its going into to hold you ladies over till tonight.

Setup.jpg

trek554 said:

He meant FX-62 :).

D4hPr0 said:
Well I was going to wait for the pump, VREG blocks for both of my X1900's and Corsair 800Mhz CL3 ram, but Im a bit afraid for my life now. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

So..................Im leaving work now and I will be swapping it out ASAP and get some benches up for you guys tonight. It might take me a bit to swap it out though as I have to deal with a bit of plumbing.

Anyways, here is a pic of the system its going into to hold you ladies over till tonight.

You're seriously too kind to us :D! THANK YOUUUUU!!!

D4hPr0 said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/daywalker240/Setup.jpg
damn that looks beautiful :eek: . oh by the way you got some hairy arms dude. lol :p

You sir, win the world heavyweight Title <3

Fucking Conroe FTW!!!!!! THE CHAMP IS HERE!

D4hPr0 said:
Will be updating this once I get it running.

[IMG=no]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/daywalker240/Conroe.jpg[/IMG]

did I tell you that I hate you yet? j/k
I am extremely (pun intended) jealous!

Honestly, I really think anything less than 4GB of ram is an injustice to this processor. Run 64 bit for a bit lol

Back