Well It's Wednesday... Who Got Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Xbox 360)

So I just figured out how to turn into the wolf, but I gotta ask, what the hells the point? It seems like it really has no use. Anyone???

I think I used it once, to dash jump across a pit. I could have waited an hour and used any of several other abilities to get there. Its pointless.

Yeah, from what I've seen of the wolf, you can use it in a few places to do long jumps before you find the double jump item. Tap forward twice and the wolf will dash, which allows you to do a long jump. Oh yeah, if you're ever curse/poisoned/petrified etc. you can use the wolf to keep you from being helpless.
Still, it's not really helpful at all.

Once you get the power of wolf upgrade(s), it's useful when you have to traverse long hallways. Quarter circle forward+Attack was the motion I believe.

Thanks for the heads up. This game is a little frustrating, not a lot of direction on where to go. Still very fun game though. On a side not, when do yo get the mist ability?

Yup, SOTN really doesn't give you much direction. It's just a matter of going as far as you can in a direction & hopefully finding an item or path that will open up a previously closed area. That's a little oversimplified, but more or less true.
For people who are big on exploring and freedom, it's amazing. For those who like direction or a plot that pushes you toward certain things, it's a nightmare.
In my case, I like the game but I think the DS games (especially POR) are much better.
I think the biggest thing those games fixed were the needless backtracking. I'd guess than 1/3 of the gameplay hours of SOTN are spent going through the same areas you've been through over and over, but are forced to repeat due to lack of shortcuts/teleporters.

I think the Form of Mist is in the Colosseum.

The game does have teleporters, but traveling is still somewhat inconvenient once you know where to go.

And for people that have never played SOtN
(Small Spoiler!)

Read a faq after you "Defeat" Rictor. Your only 1/2 way done with the game. And check out one of the Castle maps on gamefaqs, there are afew items that are ridiculously hard to find-like the Sword Card.

Another trick is to use the Wolf form in order to get to places that you normally can't get to without the Double Jump.

With a bit of skill, you can get some good items early on.

Protip: Constantly backdash to travel faster.

I'm really disappointed that they did not use the Saturn version of this game as it had more colors, and many many extras.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

I downloaded it.. i haven't played it too much.. but it brings back good memories.

SOTN was my fav. in the series till i got the DS versions

i still think that aria of sorrow is better than SOTN...

I've notice the controls for SOTN are not as smooth as AOS.
none the less.. this was teh game that made it all possible..

The Xbox360 D-pad is a piece of shit by the way

I'm really disappointed that they did not use the Saturn version of this game as it had more colors, and many many extras.

Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.

there was a saturn versino of the game?? i thought it was a PS2 exclusive.. interesting..

it was on saturn and ps1. I just got to the inverted castle last night. Just taking my time.

ok, am I missing something. I beat(damn cant remember his name, the guy you play as ni the begining of the game) and that was it, the credits started to roll. Tell me that wasnt the end of the game!!!

ok, am I missing something. I beat(damn cant remember his name, the guy you play as ni the begining of the game) and that was it, the credits started to roll. Tell me that wasnt the end of the game!!!

It wasn't the end of the game.

...I'm not humoring you. Just scroll up dude.

Yes you are missing something. About half the game. Follow the clues you get.

Back