Western Digital 1 TB (1000gb) Hard Drive [Cavalry WD10EACS] @ Buy.com ~ $180 Shipped

That is a good price.

1TB of data is not easy to loss and to base it on one hard drive makes me cautious of getting one, atm. I'm still debating on either sticking with 500gb or move up to 750gb.

Ordered one earlier today for 179.99 shipped.

Hope Buy.com doesn't take forever to ship.

Ordered one earlier today for 179.99 shipped.

Hope Buy.com doesn't take forever to ship.

I always get the discount shipping, Ordered a PSU (Weighs like 7lbs) w/ free shipping, Ordered Saturday, got it today (thursday)

The 750 drives for $130 are a better deal price per GB, but these are the cheapest TB drives I've seen...

Well, they are still variable speed drives, the speed varies from model to model...Hence the name, so that is still what they are.

i'd go w/'deceptive marketing' on this one.. that's like saying a car's engine has variable cylinders b/c it is offered with a 4cylinder base or a v12 sport version... or nVidia claiming 'variable shaders, clock speeds & RAM' for the video card lineup

i'm surprised that HDs that can in fact vary their spindle speed haven't been developed yet...

ordered one thursday morning.....still processing,2 days and not even packed yet :rolleyes:

This seemed to be the issue for me each time I ordered from buy.com on the 'order status' option, but I find out that it's not really live updated, I usually receive my package before it does. (Not saying this is always the case, if anything Buy.com is 24 hrs! call them anytime) Good Luck ;)

damnit....damnit....damnit. I just hit the finalize button on a 500gb... time to replace a 200gb ata drive... blah

hella good find

This seemed to be the issue for me each time I ordered from buy.com on the 'order status' option, but I find out that it's not really live updated, I usually receive my package before it does. (Not saying this is always the case, if anything Buy.com is 24 hrs! call them anytime) Good Luck ;)

after 6 days 2 emails and a 30 minute "please hold the line" phone call ... still processing.
Wondering if i get my HDD before the 2TB single drives come out. :rolleyes:

after 6 days 2 emails and a 30 minute "please hold the line" phone call ... still processing.
Wondering if i get my HDD before the 2TB single drives come out. :rolleyes:

hmm...sorry to hear about the unfortunate outcome, I really do hope things turn out better in the end. It also doesn't hurt to complain about the issue ;)

My order is sitting at Sent to Warehouse for the past few days. Good thing I paid for next day air when I ordered on the 21st. :rolleyes:

Good point, and was it ever resolved as to weather or not these are refurb.

Newegg pisses me off how they package HDDs (although it has been a while since I have ordered one from them) ZZF is much better.

just ordered a HDD from Newegg , it came bubble wrapped with some other stuff i order (samsung DVD burner, also wrapped in bubble wrap, some memory also wrapped in bubble wrap all in the same box with packing peanuts,and everything works great.

Mine had been sitting in "Sent to Warehouse" since I ordered it, and still was today, but when I got home I found that it had been delivered today.

The thing is, it is definitely a WD 1TB GP drive, but looking up the serial number on their website says that it has no limited warranty and is not eligible for replacement :( This really sucks, especially since people on slickdeals that ordered it are saying theirs are set for warranty time through 2011, so I don't know what's going on. I guess I will have to go through Cavalry if this thing ever dies.

Mine had been sitting in "Sent to Warehouse" since I ordered it, and still was today, but when I got home I found that it had been delivered today.

The thing is, it is definitely a WD 1TB GP drive, but looking up the serial number on their website says that it has no limited warranty and is not eligible for replacement :( This really sucks, especially since people on slickdeals that ordered it are saying theirs are set for warranty time through 2011, so I don't know what's going on. I guess I will have to go through Cavalry if this thing ever dies.

Ewww... Good to know. Glad I didn't get one.

day 7 ....sent out the third email to customer support ....still processing,no drive,no answer....:mad:
guess that was the first and last time i ordered there.

Ordered from 2 accounts and both received shipping notification.

The warranty issue I had kept me from pulling the trigger on this, I'm so glad I avoided this.

Worked out okay for me. Drive arrived on Monday with a warranty until 2011.

I got 2 of these GP drives in cavalry cases before and both had a full warranty. Send it back to buy.co if yours does not. I have had both enclosures for some time now without any problems.

Hmmm I see it as $232?

yeah me as well. $291.81, minus a phenomenal savings of $58.82 w/free shipping.
The bid for savings a few extra bucks for new google checkout is always good for a laugh .... how many 'new' customers can there ever be!?

Back