westinghouse 37" 1080p standby question

ultravorx

n00b
im a day away from getting this beast delivered to my house. but i had a question that i havent read anywhere.

Does this monitor shutdown automatically in standby?

Right now, my 32" syntax turns to a bright blue screen when the computer sleeps, so i have to remeber to turn off the monitor everytime i leave the pc.

Does the westinghouse have the auto off/ auto on with a keypress, or do i have to turn it off manually everytime.

thanks,

Frank

I have the LVM 37w3 with version 1.5 of the firmware.

There is an option in the menu called DPMS (The power save mode) which you can set to 1, 5, or 10 minutes.

In VGA mode this works properly with my PC. My PC will go into standby mode and 1 minute later the Westy will go into standby mode. I shake the mouse or hit the keyboard... the PC wakes up and so does the Westy.

Through DVI-1 or DVI-2 my PC will go into standby mode.. 1 minute later the Westy will go into standby mode. But heres the problem. I will move the mouse or hit the keyboard. My PC will wake back up, however the Westy will not through these ports. It continues to stay in standby mode until you hit a button on the remote (like volume... menu.. whatever) then it will wake up from standby mode.

Could some of the 1.6 or latest version (1.0 FINAL version) chime in on this with their results?

I've had this display for over a month, and I've never experienced the display not coming back from Standby mode with a mouse shake or mouse click.

I've never had to use the remote to "wake up" the display.

BoredTiger said:
I've had this display for over a month, and I've never experienced the display not coming back from Standby mode with a mouse shake or mouse click.

I've never had to use the remote to "wake up" the display.

Could you please tell me what input port you are using and what firmware version your set has?

Rhyno said:
I have the LVM 37w3 with version 1.5 of the firmware.

There is an option in the menu called DPMS (The power save mode) which you can set to 1, 5, or 10 minutes.

In VGA mode this works properly with my PC. My PC will go into standby mode and 1 minute later the Westy will go into standby mode. I shake the mouse or hit the keyboard... the PC wakes up and so does the Westy.

Through DVI-1 or DVI-2 my PC will go into standby mode.. 1 minute later the Westy will go into standby mode. But heres the problem. I will move the mouse or hit the keyboard. My PC will wake back up, however the Westy will not through these ports. It continues to stay in standby mode until you hit a button on the remote (like volume... menu.. whatever) then it will wake up from standby mode.

Could some of the 1.6 or latest version (1.0 FINAL version) chime in on this with their results?

i dont have that problem here and my pc is connected to it through dvi-2.. i have firmware 1.5 also

thanks guys, knowing this has the sleep function makes this monitor all the more better!!!!!!

frank

CyC said:
i dont have that problem here and my pc is connected to it through dvi-2.. i have firmware 1.5 also

Thanks for the response CyC. Mind answering a couple of more questions to help me try to solve this.

Do you use AUTO Source? (I don't)

Do you know what type of DVI Cable you are using? I bought the Philips 6ft model from Wal-Mart and it is not Dual Link DVI.

What cable are you using?

I never have any problems with mine coming out of sleep either. Once in a while when it goes into sleep mode the screen will go black but the backlight will stay on. Most of the time it goes into sleep mode and the backlight shuts off with no problem.

I use DVI-1 and have version 1.6 firmware.

Rhyno-make sure you have whatever port you are using for the pc setup up as the primary port in the menu setup. Not sure if this will help but its worth a try.

Rhyno said:
Thanks for the response CyC. Mind answering a couple of more questions to help me try to solve this.

Do you use AUTO Source? (I don't)

Do you know what type of DVI Cable you are using? I bought the Philips 6ft model from Wal-Mart and it is not Dual Link DVI.

What cable are you using?

yes auto source enabled and i am using some dvi-d link cable my friend gave me since he has a few spare ones lying around

@Imaulle... system info on menu

It was the Auto Source option.

Once I turned it on it would "wake up" just fine by tapping the keyboard or using the mouse.

I guess I need to pick the lesser of two evils. I don't care for the Auto Source as I have 5 (2 PC's, Xbox, Xbox 360, HDTV Cable Box) devices hooked up and between their sleep modes etc it can be an annoyance to have a source switch while in the middle of playing battlegrounds in World of Warcraft :D

Back