Westinghouse L2410NM vs BenQ V2400W

Mj23foreva

Weaksauce
How do these 2 compare in picture quailty? They are similarily priced and see to have similar specs.

Anyone have or have used both of these?

I don't have one but put L2410NM into search and read about how if you reduce brightness below 100 it makes irritating noises etc. etc. Black crush abounds..........it is a PVA although I've read it has pretty decent input lag and minimal ghosting. If it weren;t for those 2 things I'd own one now as they have 5 of them at the Randolph AFB BX right now for $349 I think......I went for the BenQ FP241VW........non-TN with reportedly low input lag and minimal ghosting.

The V2400W is a TN panel that has numerous reviews here on the H and mostly positive except for the normal shortcomings of TN technology.

disclamer:
I am no expert. Far from it. But I have read about LCD's including the one you mentioned for 18 straight days with minimal sleep. I ordered the above FP241VW in a LCD research induced sleep deprived psychosis.

Have fun.

Westy L2410NM is a good monitor but not great.

It has some issues with running hot, whine at brightness below 98, dark detail loss (black crush), and a little bit of input lag (around two to three frames). Also there is a question as to whether they are still being manufactured. Reliability is a concern as well (probably due to running hot). Mine is in Best Buy's hands now after a somewhat short lifespan. Oh yea, it will not go into power saving mode with HDMI, only VGA.

But is has a number of good characteristics too. It has very good scaling with PC and consoles, and all inputs do a great job with HD source devices, and it looks very good with calibration. It doesn't have 1:1 pixel mapping, but it will do it with 1600x1200, 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 with a PC. It also has speakers.

So while not perfect, it's an above average screen in terms of multi-functional use.

For hardcore gaming, the V2400W is an easy choice. It's a low input lag screen with a reactive panel, and above average color calibration. It also has one of the better HDMI connections I've used on a monitor.

If you have a PC and HDMI console, the V2400W is quite good. If you are a hardcore PC player, the V2400W is very good.

Go get some sleep wrangler ;)

Back