Westinghouse LVM-37W3 37" 1080p LCD $1100 + $51 shipping @ J&R - Tax only in NY

thx so much, i was about to buy one from newegg later this week for ~1300.. hope this stays for a couple of days!

Great price.. If they somehow go out of stock, Techonweb has it for $1222 shipped. Got mine and I'm lovin it. :D :cool:

Order Number: 55330671
Order Date: Oct 23 2006 12:59:11
Order Status: Processing.

Still in stock :)

You guys might want to also check Best Buy. I found a 42" Westy open box this weekend and haggled the price down to $1500 and they threw in a $600 BB gift card. So effective price was $900 + tax. Obviously it's extremely store dependent but the one here in Vegas (Rainbow blvd) had two of them.

Madnes5 said:
You guys might want to also check Best Buy. I found a 42" Westy open box this weekend and haggled the price down to $1500 and they threw in a $600 BB gift card. So effective price was $900 + tax. Obviously it's extremely store dependent but the one here in Vegas (Rainbow blvd) had two of them.

i heard about problems with the 42inch

well newegg.com has it for 1299 but if you enter coupon code"west37" it knocks another $100 off. so total would be 1199. thats only back up if j&r go out of stock though :)

Regula Oblique said:
well newegg.com has it for 1299 but if you enter coupon code"west37" it knocks another $100 off. so total would be 1199. thats only back up if j&r go out of stock though :)
Yeah but its newegg. Aren't they the biggest hassle about getting a replacement LCD?

^^ pretty much.... especially in this case =/
---
This item is covered by Newegg.com's Bulk Item Return Policy.

Newegg said:
Bulk Item Return Policy

* Return for refund within: non-refundable
* Return for replacement within: non-replaceable

This is our Detailed Bulk Item Return Policy. Bulk Items (including but not limited to such items as Air Conditioners, Home Entertainment Systems and Televisions 24 inches and larger) cannot be returned to Newegg.com for refund or replacement service. Therefore, you are urged to carefully examine the box your bulk item ships in before signing for the package. Should you observe any damage to the shipping box, or if the wrong product was sent, you must refuse delivery while the shipping courier is still on the premises. The item will be returned to Newegg.com and you will be refunded the full amount, including applicable shipping costs and tax.

If you determine upon inspection that the condition of the shipping box is satisfactory, an adult is required to sign the shipping courier's release form to complete delivery. By signing this release, you are acknowledging and agreeing to Newegg.com's Terms and Conditions, understanding that you cannot return the television to Newegg.com and that the condition of the delivery meets your expectations. After delivery, please read all included documentation and/or contact the manufacturer directly to determine applicable warranty coverage, if any.

That's lame, you can't always tell by the condition of the box if the innards are okay.

how hard is it to ship an lcd? I'm thinking of buying one of these, but I may be moving soon (from CA to FL) and would have to ship it. Should I just wait till after I move? I'm worried because a year ago, I moved from FL to CA and shipped a big ass crt tv and a 19" crt monitor. The monitor got destroyed, the tv got cracked (the side, not the glass). If I keep the original box and tell ups or whoever to be omfg so careful with it, will they?

BigJavy said:
how hard is it to ship an lcd? I'm thinking of buying one of these, but I may be moving soon (from CA to FL) and would have to ship it. Should I just wait till after I move? I'm worried because a year ago, I moved from FL to CA and shipped a big ass crt tv and a 19" crt monitor. The monitor got destroyed, the tv got cracked (the side, not the glass). If I keep the original box and tell ups or whoever to be omfg so careful with it, will they?
seriously wait until after you move.. the thing isn't that well packaged in the original box. All it has is a little bit of squishy stryofoam stuff holding the base and bottom two corners. The rest is unprotected. If the box goes on its side or gets crushed on the top or sides, you are screwed.

It wouldn't show a price until I added it to the cart. I did so, and it came up as $1299

cyberdeity said:
It wouldn't show a price until I added it to the cart. I did so, and it came up as $1299

Yup, priced just got raised by $200. Sorry folks.

roninblade said:
i heard about problems with the 42inch

There can be some banding. I was responsible for an open box deal. i.e. I returned one. Guys on avs go through a bunch until they get a perfect one. Oh there is a power bug that makes you unplug it to reset it, but you probably wouldn't get one with that old a firmware. Whoever picked mine up however got a decent deal.

I almost got the 37" when they came to sams for 1050 because it was back to the old 24" monitor for me. When I returned my Westy I got an SXRD TV instead. Nice but these westies have the PC support down.

Hate to bring this thread back up but i was wondering , in order for this to work as a regular tv it needs a external tuner correct? I am trying to compare it to the emprex 37" 1080p model that has tuner and coax in. I only have local channel cable so buying a external tuner might get pricey.

M*A*S*H_4077 said:
Hate to bring this thread back up but i was wondering , in order for this to work as a regular tv it needs a external tuner correct? I am trying to compare it to the emprex 37" 1080p model that has tuner and coax in. I only have local channel cable so buying a external tuner might get pricey.

All you need is a cable box from your cable company that will output composite/svid/component.. They are like $4 extra a month if all you have is a wall jack with coax.

Back