What browser do you use?

What Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Edited poll options to make it a little more realistic
(should have deep sixed Netscape too :p )

added Opera and Konqueror

I use Firefox for Windows and Konqueror in Linux
voted Konqueror

Last month's browser poll... wherein I linked the previous month's browser poll....

For the record, I'll search "browser poll" when this comes up again in January, and these will be the only two results returned. :rolleyes:

i use IE. why? because it works and im too lazy to install something else.

its never really given me any problems, really..

firefox. Tried maxthon once too, but too much options imbeded in the gui. Switched back to Firefox. Also dont use ie cause of the system load it generates when opening lots of windows.

IM 6
firefox 1.0
netscape 7.1
avant
mozilla

why gasp next to IM i like it

lithium726 said:
i use IE. why? because it works and im too lazy to install something else.

its never really given me any problems, really..

Even if I was going to use IE I would only use it through a shell like Netcaptor, Crazy Browser, etc because straight IE is like a straight jacket. No tabbed browsing, groups or fast security switch options. :mad:

But it is th extensions of Firefox that really put the nail in the coffin for IE for me. One my biggest complaints about browsers is that none of them had spell check. With a plug Firefox does.

for me its about security
Firefox isnt integrated into the shell, even if compromised its potential for damage is far less
and as far as Konqueror goes Im often running that from Knoppix
Id love to see a OS run from RAM and ROM compromised to any lasting effect :p
Ideal for "expeditions" into the underbelly

I mainly use Opera for everyday browsing

Firefox for activex things

and IE for sites that Firefox won't display properly (such as www.asetek.com)

Ice Czar said:
for me its about security
Firefox isnt integrated into the shell, even if compromised its potential for damage is far less
My rationale as well, and it really holds for "anything except IE."
Combine damage potential with MS's patching "schedule" and I really don't see why anybody makes a conscious decision to stick with IE.

I tried FireFox but don't really like the layout for some reason. Seems so simplistic for some reason. But the browser is super fast at displaying webpages though.

I prefer Opera over any browser. Unfortunately, not all sites can properly be displayed. So for anything else, I use Maxthon.

Luthorcrow said:
Even if I was going to use IE I would only use it through a shell like Netcaptor, Crazy Browser, etc because straight IE is like a straight jacket. No tabbed browsing, groups or fast security switch options. :mad:

But it is th extensions of Firefox that really put the nail in the coffin for IE for me. One my biggest complaints about browsers is that none of them had spell check. With a plug Firefox does.
where can i find said extension?

I vote for IE, simply because I don't like have to try and use hacked plug-ins and extension to get Firefox to display web pages correctly.. and even then it still can't.. is this firefox's fault? No.. They are not a MS product, so it doesn't have activex.. but because alot of pages use activex, firefox can't display them..

Personally, I don't see why everyone freaks out so bad with IE.. it's security exploits are almost always something like, if the user goes to a website, and drag and drops this thing over here, they get compromised.. of if they say yes to installing bonzai buddy, they get hacked..

It's almost always something that requires user control to cause the exploits.. and the ones that don't, are either stopped by SP2, and it asking you everytime an activex request is made, or by an up to date AV program, and a firewall..

I really don't care about the tabbed browsing too much, as what's the difference between clicking a button in the browser to get to another web page window, or doing it in the taskbar to accomplish the same task....

But to each his own..

runt said:
where can i find said extension?

Spellbound

I tried Opera but felt the GUI was cluttered like a mad man. Plus I use the Firefox extension IEview and can open any web pages that displays improperly in IE on a mouse click. Generally I only have to do this for a rare armature site.

Galeon.

It's the only browser I've used on linux that allows me to scroll around by pressing the scroll wheel, and it starts up faster than mozilla. It also integrates really nicely with google.

slimbrowser lite http://flashpeak.com
IE6 with webwasher as a filtering proxy (its actually tighter secured then firefox like that)
firefox for like one or two sites
more utilities to enhance my browsing that I use
GetRight
NetLimiter
WinRoute Pro
serious samurize

Back