What chair do you use?

Ovreel

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for a chair that the cushions don't wear out on after two weeks. Because between me, my brother, and the rest of my family, our computer chairs get a ton of use per day.

So what chair do you guys use?

I use a Hermanmiller Aeron and can't possibly imagine going back to anything else. I used to switch $300-400 CAD chairs every year or two, maybe three if I was lucky, because the cushions/padding inside would wear out and it was like sitting on cold steel. Has a nice 12 year warranty unlike those shitty chairs that seem to always be 1 at best.

http://hermanmiller.com/aeron/

Oh man, those herman miller chairs look nice but they're so expensive.

I have had 3 or 4 of those aeron chairs since there release like 13+ years ago or something like that. My uncle works for herman miller, when they were released our family got like 6 of them for free, have gotten another couple since as well, nice chairs.

I may just have to pick one of those up when I move back to reality. Currently I'm just using a dinning room chair (I live in an apt in the arctic which is already furnished... with not amazing furn.)

I need to get me one of those. I'm using an old computer chair that WAS in good condition when I found it in the middle of the road a few months ago, no smells, a couple scratches in it...then my cat got ahold of it....RIP Free Chair....RIP...

The bungee chair interests me!

It must be really comfortable then? The last chair I had, the cushioning was too thin, so it felt like I was sitting on the metal plate after only a couple weeks. So that's my big issue with buying a new one

Also, I like to take my leg and cross it under my other leg a lot, is that possible with the bungee chair?

I use a Hon highback chair from Costco. I've gone through three of them so far in about 10 or 15 years. They break down after a few years, but they are comfortable until they do and are not terribly expensive. I'm not sure if it's this one or not, but it's similar. They usually have them out on the floor so you can test it (and you should before you buy - I'm aware this may be an acquired taste in chairs).

Everyone talks about the Aeron, but if you search around a little, you find complaints about the edge of the seat digging into the back of your legs. Seems to be a minority complaint, but that there are complaints at all about such an expensive chair is surprising. It's important to know that there are three sizes of Aeron chairs, and unless you are extremely tall or extremely short, you want the mid-size version. Height is the important factor, not weight - average height but heavy build should still get medium; about 90 percent of people will want the mid-size version.

For critics of the Aeron, most of them are satisfied by the Steelcase Leap. This is probably the one I would get should I ever be able to justify the cost.

Don't buy expensive chairs like the Aeron or Steelcase Leap sight unseen. Go to a store that carries them and test them. And do compare the Leap versus the Aeron. Allow yourself time to fiddle with the test chair - you're paying extra for the many adjustment possibilities that will get the chair to be just right for you.

When a lot of companies go out of business (like, now) a lot of expensive chairs like Aerons and Leaps with very little usage hit the used chair markets. Look around for a good deal at places like liquidation warehouses and overstock furniture sorts of places, you should find one easily.

Edit: google "aeron vs leap" for more debates about those two chairs.

Reclining loveseat I got on Craigslist for $175 delivered, with an end-table on the side to hold my ratpad and adult beverages (mouse receiver, and remotes too). I can pass out in game without fear of waking up all qwerty-faced. Works great for movies too, I have a backlit keyboard, so no additional light is needed, it's a saitek, very sturdy and you can turn the keyboard backlight down or off if you are watching a movie.

come on guys $100+ on a chair! dang.... lol

i used this 10 DOLLAR CHAIR! I am a hardcore gamer. imagine me grinding and sitting on this chair for 5 days straight when double exp on and sh!t. LOL

chair.jpg

chair1.jpg

Yes the design is super nice! LOL

now that is what chair i used. no joke..

for all my hardforums fellas. whoever is down, i hope this cheers you up. XD lol

P.S. This is a hard plastic chair that i got from walmart or idk. cheap, 5 years ago. sitting my arse for 5 years. yes! im loving it!

@hondah22aboi
I'm also using a monoblock almost like that one :p I think mine's better tho since the back and seat are slightly rounded and fit me pretty well. Yours looks flat o_0

Monoblocks may look hard, but well designed ones are pretty ergonomic and can fit you comfortably even without padding :) Note, i'm a skinny guy so i don't have built-in padding :D

Personally, i'm still looking for a good four legged chair. My shins and heel keep getting bruised whenever i use those rotating chairs.

@hondah22aboi
I'm also using a monoblock almost like that one :p I think mine's better tho since the back and seat are slightly rounded and fit me pretty well. Yours looks flat o_0

Monoblocks may look hard, but well designed ones are pretty ergonomic and can fit you comfortably even without padding :) Note, i'm a skinny guy so i don't have built-in padding :D

Personally, i'm still looking for a good four legged chair. My shins and heel keep getting bruised whenever i use those rotating chairs.

its not flat. prove yours better than mine! i have diamond shape designs! oooo lol

picture4m.jpg

Vertically oriented backrest for flexibility, and modded with a rope tied around the back legs for added stability. PWNAGE!!! :D:D:D

picture4m.jpg

Vertically oriented backrest for flexibility, and modded with a rope tied around the back legs for added stability. PWNAGE!!! :D:D:D

DANGG THAT SH!T IS GANGSTA! Better than mine. /bow LOL

P.S. - /starts modding with rope

This is mine. Very comfortable w/ lumbar support, memory foam, leather and cool diamond-plate patterns on the feet. Had it a couple years, and I'd say it's maybe 20% worn out (broke the adjustment line on the lumbar section)... should last another 3 or 4 at least, I would think.

^^^ good question - mine definitely doesn't work for that. I'd say you want a tall stool type with a lot of foot rungs to make sure you get your knee to the right height. Haven't seen any w/ backs on them, but I haven't really looked.

I mean a computer chair. I could always get a footstool. I have a chair without armrests now, but it's six years old, and it wasn't anything special to begin with.

The bungee chair interests me!

Also, I like to take my leg and cross it under my other leg a lot, is that possible with the bungee chair?

As in you cross your feet more or less, yet your legs are relatively straight? If so, that is exactly how I sit in my bungee chair.

Any recommendations for chairs without armrests (playing guitar)?

Haha I feel like a salesman for bungee chairs here, but I also have a chair like this

http://www.officechairstation.com/Office-Chair-Bungie-LB-Black.htm

It is almost the same chair as I linked Ovreel except this has a lower back and no armrests.

I got one of those bungie chairs for free, It was great for the first week but like it was mentioned above I have a habit of sitting with one leg tucked under the other (Only one leg is touching the floor) and in my opinion it was damn near impossible for me to do that with this chair (comfortably).

I also sit with a lean sometimes when i'm watching a movie, and my niece one feel through and got stuck between the seat and back rest (in the open area of of the char where there is no support).

I ended up buying a pad from walmart or something and attached it to the chair before giving it away.

I weigh about 190~200 and am 5 foot 9, and this chair was not for me I was not impressed.

Another thing I hated, a few times my friends thought it would be hilarious of pulling back one of the round cords on the backrest and letting it go. Think of getting whipped, or like a giant rubberband just snapped and hit the shit outta your back.

And that design is comfortable? Do you feel the roundness of the cords?

I favor the armrests, but others I live with enjoy the one without do to the increased freedom of not having them.

Whenever someone comes over and sees the chair, they always head straight towards it and sit down to test the chair out.

So far, their reactions have all been positive.

I like armrests on chairs I'm lounging in. But when at a computer, I rest my arms on the desk. Also I hate keyboard trays. And I play guitar, so I can't have armrests on my computer chair.

Oh man, those herman miller chairs look nice but they're so expensive.

Costs less in the long run if you were going through chairs as often as I was. Considering the amount of time some of us have to spend in a chair it can very well be worth the cost.

Adding to what evilsofa said about trying out the chairs before you buy and the leap: Try the Humanscale Freedom. It was a very hard choice between the Aeron and the Freedom for me, particularly because of how awesome the headrest was on the Freedom, the but the difference in warranty plus the fact I have cats and gel padding + cats is bad pretty much made the choice for me.

And I play guitar, so I can't have armrests on my computer chair.

Same but I couldnt' find a chair I liked that didn't have arm rests. So now I have to be in a strange position when I'm playing where I'm almost laying down on the chair at a weird angle with my feet up on the desk and sometimes I can't get up

Same but I couldnt' find a chair I liked that didn't have arm rests. So now I have to be in a strange position when I'm playing where I'm almost laying down on the chair at a weird angle with my feet up on the desk and sometimes I can't get up

I can picture a friend of mine sitting exactly like that :)

But how do the cords feel? I assume they aren't the same cords you find in your garage and such. Probably wound with a softer material maybe? I don't want to feel the individual cords. I like a uniform feel.

But how do the cords feel? I assume they aren't the same cords you find in your garage and such. Probably wound with a softer material maybe? I don't want to feel the individual cords. I like a uniform feel.

It's a little weird at first, but they're so close together it's not bothersome at all..

I'm a big dude and it's comfy for me..

it's not my computer chiar so it doesn't get extended use, but what I use it for it works damn good.. 2-3hours MAX at a time

If you have a container store, or IKEA, or any place of the likes, they'll more then likely have a bungiee chair you can try out..

Neither. Well I know we don't have Ikea in Ohio yet. Never seen a Container Store, though it sounds familiar.

yeah, it's a total chick store.. I had no idea we had one near. Took the old lady to show me where it was at.

Pretty niffty little setup

Back