What chips does Mushkin Blue use?

sometimes its mosel, sometimes its infenion, sometimes its UTT, it all depends in the luck of the draw. what twinmos stuff did you get, just curious.

I got TwinMos SP with BH-5 chips and they work great with one chip installed. With two it's nothing but errors even at stock speed. I've got a set of Mushkin Blue in my main comp and I think it's CH UTT and it's running nicely at 240 Mhz 1.5-2-2 and I'd love to get more of it but I think the newer Mushkins might be BH-5 or something completly different since there doesn't seem to be a lot of the CH5 UTT anymore. I guess I'd be happy if it ran at stock speeds... it'd be more than my TwinMos could do.

twinmos sp's use CH-5 dies, and so does OCZ VX and ocz value stuff. Bh-5 dies are used in OCZ golds and soemtiems are found in Twinmos SP's. Id say the mushkin you have is UTT, but i dont know if its CH or BH die, i dont know how to tell. if you wanna get some utt mem, get some OCZ value stuff, i think the premier uses UTT. You could try RMA'ing your twinmos and getting another set of it.

I've been seeing other people on message boards having the same problem as me. I think all the new TwinMos SP is BH-5 now. I also saw someone complaining because they got OCZ that was BH-5 and not CH-5. Mushkin is a good company so I guess I'll try it out and see how it is. I'm just afraid to get any more BH-5 after that TwinMos :(.

according to twinmos' website they use CH dies, so thats what i based my info on. what mobo do you have?

I've tried it in two Epox 8RDA+ boards, DFI NF3, Abit NF7 S2, and DFI NF4 Ultra. It seemed to work better in my NF4. It didn't have the exact same problems so I thought it was fine and I didn't test it enough and later found out the memory was why my comp wasn't stable so I put in my Mushkin and it all worked great. I'm gonna test it more in my NF4 some time soon though. The TwinMos product page isn't right. The chips say BH-5 right on them.

if the mushkin at ch-5 and the twinmos are bh-5, you might need more or less voltage, or different settings, as ch-5 and bh-5 dont like the same timings. your gonna need a hell of alotta vdimm, and the nf4 dfi will be the only one that can give it volts enough to do anything respectable, or even stock.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
if the mushkin at ch-5 and the twinmos are bh-5, you might need more or less voltage, or different settings, as ch-5 and bh-5 dont like the same timings. your gonna need a hell of alotta vdimm, and the nf4 dfi will be the only one that can give it volts enough to do anything respectable, or even stock.
Instead of making a new thread, what chips are on my RAM?
I talked to a guy at XS but he just said they are relabelled.. but from what?

im guessing that UTT of some sort is on your ram, are there two little dimples in the ic? like equally spaced dimples? thats a dead UTT giveaway

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
im guessing that UTT of some sort is on your ram, are there two little dimples in the ic? like equally spaced dimples? thats a dead UTT giveaway
Picture%2026.jpg

hmm, does it like voltage? if it like over 3.0v you can safely rule out mosel or infenion. can you tighten it to 2-2-2-10? will it boot at cas 3? if it boots at cas 3 then its not UTT iirc, UTT wont even boot at cas 3.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:

The stock voltage is 2.6 volts. I tried it my TwinMos at stock speeds from 2.6 to 3.1 volts... didn't seem to make much difference. I get thousands of errors around about 1.5 to 2 minutes into test 5 of Memtest. I've pretty much given up on the TwinMos... both of them are gonna go in systems with a single stick of ram.

CCUABIDExORxDIE said:
hmm, does it like voltage? if it like over 3.0v you can safely rule out mosel or infenion. can you tighten it to 2-2-2-10? will it boot at cas 3? if it boots at cas 3 then its not UTT iirc, UTT wont even boot at cas 3.
2-2-2-10 no go...
3-3-3-10, fine... 2.5v :(
2-2-2-10 2.8v no go either.

Well I went ahead and ordered it. It should be here Monday so I'll see how it does. Hopefully it's as good as the stuff I have now.

try feeding 3.2+ volts to the twinmos, some of this stuff needs ALOT of voltage to run even at stock speeds.

Back