What cpu cooler are you using on your 780i (evga) ?

MrRoper

Weaksauce
just pokin around to see what coolers people are seating on their cpu's . I was considering the slightly overpriced zalman 9500A but i quickly found out that they don't fit on the evga 780i mb.

I know tunique tower is a much loved heatsink however it looks rediculously big IMO. as do the scythe coolers

alternatively i was looking at the tried and true, Thermalright Ultra-90 , and then i run into a bunch that look less than factory created/home brewed, which didn't exactly encourage any confidence in the product for me.

your thoughts / experiences much appreciated
TY

I am using an XFX 780i, but since it's reference design too, it shoudln't matter.
At the moment I am using a Coolermaster Z600 for CPU cooling.

Before that, a Xigmatek HD-1283 was cooling down my CPU.

Evga 780i mobo here as well. I'm using a Tuniq Tower cooling my Q6600. Fits fine on the mobo, but not so well in a lot of chassis.

sorry i was away for the weekend, I appreciate the responses...

I'm likin the new thermalright true 120 black, slick.... however at 6.32 inches or 160.5 mm rise off of the cpu, i'm not entirely sure i can slide the door for my case on.

The thermalright ultra 90 comes in a bit lower profile at 5.79in or 147mm,
The ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 5.59 in or 142mm in height, seems to fit fairly easy on the 780 boards at least from what i'm reading.

I'll have to take some measurements, but are any of you using those monsterous coolers in a mid-tower case by chance ?
i'll keep pokin around too

680i here (pretty sure they fit the same heatsinks for the most part; the designs look similar) with a Scythe Ninja, and I don't even run a fan on the sink itself. Just the case fans keep me at about 30° idle.

Back