what do I believe?

tisb0b

[H] Pirate
Since I finally managed to overclock my comp I decided to run orthos because I couldn't get dualprime95 instances to work. Now what temp do I believe? Idling I've found Speedfan's temp1 was consistent with Intel TAT now under load thanks to orthos I have no idea. So can someone help me decipher these bloody numbers before I go insane ;)

wah6mt2.jpg

CORETEMP and ITAT.

They're pretty damn close. Believe them.

And that -2 in Speedfan... PRETTY much throws Speedfan's reading out the window.

Time to get those temps down... Reseat your HSF?

Arcygenical said:
CORETEMP and ITAT.

They're pretty damn close. Believe them.

And that -2 in Speedfan... PRETTY much throws Speedfan's reading out the window.

Time to get those temps down... Reseat your HSF?

It was a prebuilt comp so it has the intel stock cooler. I don't have any thermal paste so I can't really do that unless you don't need to reapply the thermal paste?

74 degrees load @ only 2.6Ghz is waaay to high isn't it ? even for a stock HSF (which isn't too shabby by itself)

Arcygenical said:
Way Way Way too hot.

well its in the middle of a hot Australian day so in the morning or at night I expect the temps to be lower. As ambient has affected them by about 10*C. In the morning at stock it idles around 42*C and at stock in the middle of the day 52*C atm it's idling at 57*C which is about 1*c per 100mhz. Still too hot but I'll wait and see :)

<edit> It would help if my mobo didn't set the voltage at 1.424

Back