What do normal people think of the Tulip Ego (in terms of looks)?

Qtip42

[H]is Modness
http://www.ego-lifestyle.com/covers-collection.htm

What do you folks think of this laptop? It pains me to see something so simple be marketed only to the rich. The idea for adding interchangable parts (whether fabric or otherwise) has been around forever but they're pretty much the only ones doing it right now.

What's your thoughts on it? It'd sure as heck be easy for a company like Dell to over-mold a laptop's casing to fit different fabrics at a cheap price. Asus is trying with their leather bound laptop but it doesn't allow interchangability.

I think this whole interchangability thing is wonderful in terms of customizing. Ego doesn't exactly cater to the performance crowd with this laptop as it only has a 12" screen ...but that leaves the market open for someone who knows what they're doing.

lol.. I was wondering where you buy those. I saw it in a movie once, I forget which one though. But dang they are expensive. I thought they were only marketing to women and really really really metrosexual/gay men.

Why someone would buy a lappy that looks like a wafle-iron is beyond me

Design, yes. But this?
I guess I'm not the target audiance

This is probably made with women in mind. Rich superficial chicks who don't game or anything.

I'm totally for the addition of fabric though. It gives painting a run for it's money.

Buy the George Foreman Laptop now and get a free non-stick mouse! Just pay shipping and processing fees.

SarverSystems said:
Buy the George Foreman Laptop now and get a free non-stick mouse! Just pay shipping and processing fees.

there's a market for everything man.

In terms of looks, I think it's sorta' cute.

Fortunately for me, performance, value and practicality are much more important to me than cuteness.

Totalchaos said:
Why someone would buy a lappy that looks like a wafle-iron is beyond me

Design, yes. But this?
I guess I'm not the target audiance

ROFL I was thinking more like a bathroom scale!! :rolleyes:

Back