What do you guys think of this MB?

VRMan

Limp Gawd
Would this be a good motherboard for an HTPC?

ASUS LGA 1156/ Intel H55/ DDR3 2133OC- mATX Motherboard P7H55-M Pro

I figured I'd throw an i3 or i5 into it.

Thanks!!

Not a bad looking MB VR, What video card are you figuring on throwing at the system?

I was thinking about starting out with the onboard video. I was thinking of throwing in a couple Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner cards in that would give me the ability to record 3 and watch one show. Hmmm, looks like it only has one pcie-x1 though. Can I use the pcie-x16 for a x1 card?

I was thinking about starting out with the onboard video. I was thinking of throwing in a couple Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual TV Tuner cards in that would give me the ability to record 3 and watch one show. Hmmm, looks like it only has one pcie-x1 though. Can I use the pcie-x16 for a x1 card?
yea no problem

Awesome. What do you guys recommend for a micro-atx case for the living room?

I definitely don't want one of those that has a blaring blue display that distracts you from watching the boob toob. Price wise, any are fine and it doesn't have to be "fancy". ;)

I like the layout of the board. Looks nice and roomy for your needs.

Me personally, I went for an small case and didn't like it. In my situation, I needed a case that would hold three 1TB drives and two 2TB drives and the NZXT Rogue couldn't do it...I then got a Thermaltake V4 and found it much better for my needs than the Rogue case

Wow, big case! I have a media server that I keep all my movies on, so I don't need one that has a lot of space for drives. I like the looks of some of the DH series, but they all look like they are as big if not bigger than my Denon HT amp.

I was hoping for a smaller one that can hold a BD drive, a couple WinTv cards and a 2.5" hard drive for just the O/S and misc applications. I want it to be able to have enough cpu power to decode the movies from my media server and occasionally rip a dvd to the server.

What jitter issue? Have a link to a forum where they talk about it? I'd want to know about any issues with it before purchasing it!

Thanks for all the great input so far!

Wow, big case! I have a media server that I keep all my movies on, so I don't need one that has a lot of space for drives. I like the looks of some of the DH series, but they all look like they are as big if not bigger than my Denon HT amp.

I was hoping for a smaller one that can hold a BD drive, a couple WinTv cards and a 2.5" hard drive for just the O/S and misc applications. I want it to be able to have enough cpu power to decode the movies from my media server and occasionally rip a dvd to the server.

What jitter issue? Have a link to a forum where they talk about it? I'd want to know about any issues with it before purchasing it!

Thanks for all the great input so far!
there are discussions on AVSforum about jitter issues with BD playback with the i3/H55 IGP combo. I've seen it mentioned here too plenty of times, but never in much depth. Not having experienced it personally, I can't say how bad it is.

Back