What do you think about laptop sleeve cases

acee

Gawd
I just bought a Incase laptop sleeve case for my ASUS G1S. It does have a very nice material that looks protective. I was wondering for all the other sleeve case laptop users. How safe do you feel about your laptop when your using the sleeve to bring your laptop around rather then a built in sleeve on a backpack? I'm planning to be using the sleeve + my messenger bag which wasnt really built for laptops to bring it around the campus for my classes.

Thanks

I feel pretty safe. In fact, my primary concern is that my laptop will be crushed by my textbooks, but as long as I correctly pack them I have nothing to fear. Just wouldn't throw my backpack onto the floor though.

I put my macbook in a sleeve and toss it in regular backpacks for day to day use

when i travel where it might get bumped or tip over (like airports) I pack it in my camera bag which has a laptop compartment, but i keep it in the sleeve as well. sort of double protection.

I should have bought the sleeve that came with a handle so I can bring it around.. :p oh well.. maybe ill just hold it with me as i go room to room.

The only thing a sleeve will protect from is scratches and cosmetic damage. It won't do much to protect from physical harm.

well im not going to drop it haha... and basically thats what im trying to protect it from.. is the scratches.. god i hate them..

If you want a good all in one backpack/laptop solution, go with the Oakley Icon backpack. I picked up one from the Oakley outlet store for about $70, and it's well worth it. Your laptop is safe from your books; it's really well padded.
http://oakley.com/pd/5040

Or, there's always the dedicated computer bags, which I'm about to purchase next. The quality is top notch. You really get more than you pay for IMO. These are about $50 at the Oakley outlet store if you have one near you.
http://oakley.com/pd/5045

wow i never knew Oakley made packbacks haha.. Thanks for the info. I will make sure to visit the oakley outlet I have here.

I don't use sleeves. I just throw my notebook in the specialized notebook pouch in my backpack and go. I don't really see a use for sleeves unless you have a lot of friction going on.

Back