What do you think eVGA will replace a 7800GT with?

GilmourD

[H]F Junkie
My brother's 7800GT is going wacky on him so he's going to send it into eVGA for a warranty replacement.

What do you think he'll get in return? He's not expecting anything different back. I'm just curious.

Do they even have any 7800GTs to replace it with? I know I've read here before that people tend to get a newer card back in such cases where they don't have the original card, so that's why I ask.

8600gt is what I'm guessing, maybe a gts if you're lucky

So that's kind of a move across rather than up. He's actually kinda hoping for a 7900GS since he would be able to SLI it with the 7900GS I'm replacing (I've got a 9800GT arriving today).

Well, do you expect eVGA to upgrade your card for free? He'll probably get the 8600GT like Vinnard said, or possibly a 9600GT. I'd call them and try to find out more details, maybe work a deal if they aren't going to send the same card back.

You'd be surprised with what a simple phone call can do.

Well, do you expect eVGA to upgrade your card for free? He'll probably get the 8600GT like Vinnard said, or possibly a 9600GT. I'd call them and try to find out more details, maybe work a deal if they aren't going to send the same card back.

You'd be surprised with what a simple phone call can do.

Well, it's a warranty replacement, so of course it would be a free replacement. Like I said above, he doesn't really care as anything available now would be a move across or up. It's just curiosity, really.

Back