What do you use to keep your loop from corrosion and bacteria?

Hordsak

n00b
I'm wondering what most people prefer to use to keep corrosion and bacteria out of their loop.

Additive type, or Silver Kill Coil? I've ordered an XSPC kit, and I also purchased some Feser One additive. Should I have gotten a Silver Kill coil instead? Can they both be used at the same time?

this topic has been covered a few times on the forum.

The consensus seems to be a decent length of silver or pt nuke + good tubing (primochill, tygon et. al.)

Distilled & Silver is all you need, any vendor that says otherwise is a snake-oil salesman. The only exception is if you're running mixed Alu / Copper in the loop, which will require a corrosion inhibitor (which is a big no-no anyway).

3 silver loops, distilled water, and 10% Prestone Cooling System Treatment (contains polymers and other surfactants to lube the pump and seals, lower the surface tension of water and increase its surface wetting ability) without adding antifreeze.
When I first filled my system before usign the prestone additive, I was knocking air bubbles off the tubing for days, with this stuff I didnt get any of the micro bubbles. Got all the air out in the first 30mins of tipping my case and that was that.

I just ran a vinegar/water mix through my loop for a couple of days and then refilled using a distilled water/antifreeze mix. Seemed to do the trick for the few months I ran it after that.

Back