What fan should i get for the EvGa 680i northbridge?

i just ordered the EvGA 680i mb off newegg and i was reading and found that the north bridge supposedly gets hot...

is this true?

and wat fan/heatsink should i get to help this problem?

The board comes with one, just screw it in place.

Have fun ;)

i know it comes with one but even with it on people have said already that it is not keeping it cool and it is still getting hot

Mine runs at 28c with the stock fan. Not sure how much you could improve on that.

Mine gets quite a bit hotter than that, sometimes approaching 70c with the fan. I was taking to some guys at dangerden and they say they will have blocks for both the north and southbridge of the 680i available soon. not just the northbridge like they have now.

You can now buy the POP ON fans from most retailers, they are a standard 40mm fan on the goose neck (Flexable) that screws into a mobo screw, and you just bend the neck to the area you want cooled.

I will search for a link, but they are in the latest edition of CPC (Custom PC magazine)

Wow, thats warm. Are you guys running it inverted or anything ?

Mine ran around 35 with the stock fan, MB Volts were near max with the FSB right under 450 (Wouldn"t go higher with my 6600)

I have no problems with the temps on my eVGA 680i northbridge. The stock fan is set to run at 50% at all times and even under heavy load while overclocked, it never goes over 42C.

~Aux

Makaveli4life420 said:
why wasnt your 6600 going any higher then that?

Nah, I had dropped the multiplier to see what my max FSB was. It was board limitation. Some wierd issue on some of the boards where the 4mb chips wouldnt boot over 450FSB. The 6600 topped out at 445 x9, but wouldnt do 450x8,7,6,etc.

yeah the fan the board comes with keeps it perfectly cool. Its just loud as hell, at 65% is the loudest fan in my computer.

Anywho iv got it setup in speed fan so its 60%& normally, 80% when its above 55 and 100% when its above 70.

CompUSA has one of those gooseneck fans (Antec?) on the shelves. $15, I think???

I have one on a DFI expert and one on the EVGA 680i board both running SLI and they fit fine. The EVGA board has a pair of 8800GTX's. They are no taller than a stock chipset fan.

Back