What FPS are you getting with Battlefield 2 @1920x1200?

I just bought a Dell 2405FPW and it's native resolution is 1920x1200. My videocard is a Geforce 6600 GT and I know that's not sufficient enough to play it at that resolution. What I am asking for is what videocards are you guys using and what FPS are you getting in a 32 and 64 player server? I'm tempted to get a Geforce 7800 GT when it comes out next month, but I may just get a current gen card if it's cheaper and allows me to play it at a descent frame rate. Thanks.

I have a 6800GT oced to ultra speeds and get >30 fps with high settings and 2xAA at 1920 x1200. I recently dropped the AA to increase the fps for online play. I would suggest buying a 6800 GT if you dont want to drop over $500 on the 7800. Also, I dont understand why you said the 7800 comes out next month when it has been out for some time unless you mean locally in Canada.

OrionNT said:
I have a 6800GT oced to ultra speeds and get >30 fps with high settings and 2xAA at 1920 x1200. I recently dropped the AA to increase the fps for online play. I would suggest buying a 6800 GT if you dont want to drop over $500 on the 7800. Also, I dont understand why you said the 7800 comes out next month when it has been out for some time unless you mean locally in Canada.

I'm talking about the Geforce 7800 GT and not the GTX. The rumour is that the GT will come out next month.

OrionNT said:
Also, I dont understand why you said the 7800 comes out next month when it has been out for some time unless you mean locally in Canada.

:rolleyes: There is a difference btwn 7800GT & 7800GTX. Watch the X!!!!!

The rumour is that the GT will come out next month
True.dat

I'd tell you if my monitor would do that resolution. Sadly it does not.

You are aware that your monitor is able to play any resolution without stretching, right? Just play 1600x1200 and turn on pixel aspect mode (don't know the exact name) and it will center the image with full height.

Umm... I don't see how its possible for a monitor to display a resolution that is higher than what the monitor can physically display. I know I sure as hell can't set anything higher than 1280x1024 on my monitor. It's just not possible. I would have to buy a new monitor if I wanted anything higher.

If you are talking about somehow having your monitor to display 1600x1200 pixels on the screen, but the computer to output a higher resolution (which I don't think is possible, seeing as how the monitor displays what resolution the image is given), then it's going to be like trying to watch something thats supposed to be HDTV on a standard screen. You lose detail. Maybe this would be useful just to find out how fast the game runs, but other than that, there is no point. Not only are you losing detail, but you are getting slower frame rate. Why do that?

Uh...well, he's actually talking about a 2405FP. The max resolution of which is 1920x1200. So I'm not sure where you're getting all this "higher resolution than the monitor can support" stuff...

i really doubt even the gt can sustain resolutions that high.. maybeeeee if u turn down everything to low but even then its questionable the only way u can dothat is if u sli top end cards but my recommendation would be to play on 1280x800 with aa 2x even tho its not the native u really cant tell on games

the@ntipop said:
You are aware that your monitor is able to play any resolution without stretching, right? Just play 1600x1200 and turn on pixel aspect mode (don't know the exact name) and it will center the image with full height.

My 20.3" LCD monitor's native resolution is 1600x1200. It is NOT going to go higher than that. Period.

I could always hook up my 22" CRT. It goes up to 2048x1536. :D

the@ntipop said:

The 2405FPW has an issue where at non-widescreen res, there are faint pinkish red lines running from the top to the bottom of the monitor. I made a post on this a while back. It's barely noticable, but QUITE frustrating.

jetjaguar said:
how are you guys running 1900 .. any trick ?? do i need to mod a file ?

No, you simply have to have a monitor that supports it @60Hz. The option will show up if your monitor can do it.

I run 1920x1200 on my 2405 with everything on high except no AA on my non OC X850XTPE (P4 3.4 650+ 2gigs Ram)

Are we quoting average frame rates? Renderer.draw FPS gives me 2 numbers. Are they both FPS? First varies from 40 when the screen is busy up to 80 or 90. Second number usually hovers around 20-25. Never anything other than smooooooth to my eye at any rate.........well since I added the second gig of ram yesterday! :D

Anyone figured out V-Sync and triple buffering for BF2 yet though. Tearing is bugging me.

I average about 40, with everything but shadows (they give me stairstep shadows) and dynamic lighting on high. 4x TA SS AA, and max in game AF selected. The only time I really have low frames, with with artillery blasing all around me. This is with a 7800GTX, [email protected], and 2gigs ram.

calibos said:
I run 1920x1200 on my 2405 with everything on high except no AA on my non OC X850XTPE (P4 3.4 650+ 2gigs Ram)

Are we quoting average frame rates? Renderer.draw FPS gives me 2 numbers. Are they both FPS? First varies from 40 when the screen is busy up to 80 or 90. Second number usually hovers around 20-25. Never anything other than smooooooth to my eye at any rate.........well since I added the second gig of ram yesterday! :D

Anyone figured out V-Sync and triple buffering for BF2 yet though. Tearing is bugging me.

how i have the dell 2405 and a bfg 7800gtx and my highest option to run is 1600x1200 .. WTF ???

jetjaguar said:
how i have the dell 2405 and a bfg 7800gtx and my highest option to run is 1600x1200 .. WTF ???

Cause your 'target' in your BF2 shortcut properties doesn't have +szx 1920 +szy 1200
on the end

Assuming you installed to the default drive and folders the target for your shortcut with the WS Resolution hack should read "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200

The ingame options will still read 1600x1200 but if you check your 2405 OSD in game you will see its actually running 1920x1200

How can you get the game to run @ 1920 x 1200 ? I want to what do we need to modify in the game?

Change the link of the target of the shortcut like stated above. There are no other settings that need to be changed that I know of.

40 BAJILLION!!!

I dunno.... had terrible tearing... so I'm locked on 60 and then drops right down to 30 with the vsync on. Yikes. Forcing triple buffering on the beta 77.76 seemed like it was working but I dunno anymore.

Back