What games do you still play

Blinkme323

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm sure its come up 9589284 times before, but what games do you guys actually still play. And No, 3Dmark2006 doesn't count. I just ran through the games I have installed.

Baseball Mogul 2007 (Great fun, but haven't played it in forever. Got old after I beat Casey Stengal's record and ran through Babe Ruth's career keeping him as a pitcher.)
Battlefield 2 / POE2 (The most frustrating but one of the most fun games I played. I like POE2 and a few maps of Karkand every once in a while.)
HL2 / Episode 1 / CSS (Loved and beat HL2, haven't played much of Episode 1 yet although that will change. CSS is probably my most played mp game. Quick and simple fun, especially with friends)
Civilization 4 (I only played for maybe 30 minutes, but I really had no clue what I was doing. Didn't seem like any fun at all, but every review raves over it. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime.
Warcraft 3 / TFT (Really fun campaign that Im not finished yet cuz DoTA such a blast.
Starcraft / Brood Wars (Wasn't a gamer back in the day, so I want to catch up and play through one of the highest regarded games of all time)
GTR2 (Little bit too realistic for my tastes, but fun game. It will tide me over until Forza 2)
Company Of Heroes (Wow, fantastic game so far. It addresses everything I ever disliked about rts games)
Far Cry (Multiplayer's not too great. I got bored in the middle of the sp campaign and never finished.)
Riddick (Much better than the movie would have you believe. Fun, albeit short, experience.
Swat 4 (Nothing amazing, but online can be fun. My neighbors have Lan parties with it, so I still play from time to time.)
F.E.A.R (Haven't gotten too far in the sp, but fun so far. Pretty creepy and looks awesome. Multiplayer offers good fast paced fun)

That's basically it. More games than I thought, but I only pick games up when I can find them really cheap.

I think Im gonna get Dawn Of War Dark Crusade, seems to be my type of game. Should I get the original first?

HL2 is always installed and ready to go on my machine, as is Neverwinter Nights Platinum edition and some premium modules.

Guild Wars is also always installed, but I rarely play it for very long.

Most other games I play once and don't bother playing again, but certain FPS' I'll reinstall after awhile just to run and gun again (like Doom 3, Quake 4, Call of Duty)

Too many classes this semester to play anything lately though. :eek:

I find myself playing alot of War3:TFT lately....again....i still find it fun, despite the crappy matching system.

q4 mp....me and the whole 6 other q4 community members. :D

heres some oldies for ya:

Road Rash PC
Ghost Recon.. first game
COD
Serious Sam
Half Life
Halo
and some times Doom/doom2/
and quake , quake 2 , quake3

Ive been playing COD2 and NFS Underground2. Have HL2 Ep1 installed just cant bring myselft to play it Im stuck and well. Basically Im waiting to see how bad EA screws up Carbon.

Feel Kind of stupid having a 7800GT for the games I play but hey the way I game it will last me 2-3 years.

Now I just need to cough up the dough for a dual core.

BF2
HL2/EP1/CSS/DOD:S/Half life 1
CoD2
Serious sam second encounter / Seroius Sam 2
F.E.A.R
CoD2
Q4
UT2k4
Need for speed: MW
Tribes 2 every now and then

I only play PC games once in a while for the last year.

The ones I have played this year are.

Prey demo for PC (although I played the retail game on Xbox 360 and beat it)
BF2142 demo
COD2
Simcity 4
DoD:S
Q4 (maybe 3 times since I bought it)

DOOM 1 and 2

Ive put in a good 3-4 hours every week playing these over and over.

Still the greatest game created IMO.

Haha. I'm not the only one with a WC3TFT addiction... that makes me feel better :D

Blinkme323 said:
I think Im gonna get Dawn Of War Dark Crusade, seems to be my type of game. Should I get the original first?
Get the other 2 in the series to get the full experience. No need to play them first though.

On-topic:
I play DoW (yes even before the expansion, basically never stopped after it originally came out)
CoH
Half Life 1/2 + Episodes
Oblivion

Lately I've only been playing Neverwinter Nights and Dark Messiah multiplayer beta, probably going to buy nwn2 and Dark Messiah when thier released soon.

I'm still slowly playing HL2 when I have time. I play sourceforts and HL2 DM too.
I'll bust out some WC3 sometimes and Moonbase Commander for some quick matches. Those are pretty much all I have installed on my laptop right now.
I should bust out some TA, I loved that game.

I ahve quite a few games installed but I don't play all that many of them anymore. The biggest hit to all my games is the move to widescreen, I think I have more or less decided to forget about buying/playing games without built in support for it.

The last few weeks I have been playing Civ4 and Comany of Heroes quite a bit. A little bit of HL2 with the Cinematic mod throw in. The last few days I was playing the hell out of the new FSX demo but the damn trial time ran out last night. Oh well, I think it's being released on Tuesday finally :)

Last few games I've played:
Doom / II
Thief Gold
Thief 2
System Shock 2
Max Payne / 2
Prey
Dungeon Keeper 2
Fallout
Fallout 2 (in progress)
Plus an obscene amount of time playing N at uni.

To Do list:
Fallout Tactics
Commandos / exp / 2

And maybe I'll get back around to Oblivion one of these days... I only played it for a dozen or so hours, and can't seem to summon up any desire to keep going (despite sinking 1000+ hours into Morrowind...).

cs:s
rpg mode server

Im surprised no one else playes it here.

yup my fx 5700 is still working fine along with my xp 2200+

I've been checking out some old Dos games using Ubuntu and Dosbox on my other PC. Master of Magic, Ultima7, Genghis Khan, Return to Krondor etc. Graphically they absolutely suck but they are still good games. Tried Space Empires V demo yesterday and that seems pretty good so I might buy it. Bought Civ4 just recently but haven't played it yet. Bought X3 via Steam but haven't played that yet either. Basically, I have too many games installed and never get stuck into just one and keep flirting with them all. Jack of all games; master of none.

Quake 3 (I play Threewave CTFS/CCTF afew times a week. Still have fun)
Quake 4
Oblivion (Replaying with 0001.31+many other mods)
Titan Quest
FEAR

That's about it right now. Waiting for Gothic 3 ;)

Mostly BF2, a little FlatOut 2. I want to reinstall UT2K4 and Q3A for old time's sake. Getting impatient waiting for some DX10 goodness... ;)

UT - all versions are still great - even the first ut for which there ar enow 10000s of maps
HL2 - the best game ill ever play - and still enjoying episode 1
CS of course

trying to get into RPG and someone recommended edler scrolls oblivion?
will buy fear next week and get NOLF and NOLF2 :)

tacosareveryyummy said:
Homeworld!

I love the story. I need to find a copy of #2 so I can complete the story.
The story in Homeworld 2 is something of a letdown...

Back