What happend to the prices?

HecHacker1

n00b
Two weeks ago I was looking at a Samsung 710T for $430 shipped to my home (even after gettting taxed by Dell). Now I did a quick search because I am about to purchase my new system, and this monitor is the main part of it. But the prices have suddenly jumped to the $500+ without tax or shipping.

Do LCD monitors fluctuate this much normally? I figured that if anything the prices would eventually go down, but I guess i am wrong.

Is samsung replacing this monitor, and therefore the prices are going up like they did for the 172x?

Thanks. And please point me to any links with good prices.

I am guessing you had the same deal through Dell I was hoping to get. 10% off Plus 40$ off coupon. That was a nice promotion, but the prices during that time were 480+ on every other site. Also considering how good of a monitor this is I don't doubt demand could raise this thing up.

BTW, Dell couldn;t follow through on the offer to me, so I ended up purchasing a different LCD.

well, i did a search with other resellers and the best i could find is 499.99 shipped. So far from the great dell deal. Most of the time I get taxed because most resellers are in California too. and a monitor's shipping weight isn't exactly light either.

I will be selling mine soon, perfect condition, used about a month, original packaging etc.

PM me if interested.

Over the past 3 years or so LCD prices haven't really gone down at all.

They are a trure anomoly among technolgy products.

agentzero9 said:
Over the past 3 years or so LCD prices haven't really gone down at all.

They are a trure anomoly among technolgy products.

While the prices haven't dropped alot over the last three years, the quality has improved quite a bit. Really, if you look at it from the standpoint of what was available then, you can buy units of the same quality (low) pretty cheap these days.

Three years ago I wouldn't have even considered buying an LCD for gaming. Now I'm thinking about it pretty hard. I can now get a pretty decent 17" LCD for just a little more than I paid for my 19" Sony CRT 5 years ago.

With 8ms panels coming out soon, they're going to get even better. I think that once the quality is sufficient that most anyone would replace their CRT's, the demand for LCD's will rise (which initially causes the price to rise or remain high). This in turn will spur an increase in production of LCD's. Thus reducing the cost of production and the prices.

I just bought the 710T for $428.99. Dell is having a 10% off sale on all monitors it seems, along with free shipping. I went on eBay and bought a $30 off $450 coupon for $0.99 and used it successfully. You might want to give it a shot before 9/8 when the Dell deal expires.

Earlier today the 710T was at a 20% discount and with a 45$ coupon you could have got it down to 388. Seriously 433 before discount then 45$. I was earlier trying to purchase one, but Dell could not deliver, so today when my 2001FP was delivered I checked back to see what the price was and nearly died. If I had the money I would have purchased then.

geeze said:
Earlier today the 710T was at a 20% discount and with a 45$ coupon you could have got it down to 388. Seriously 433 before discount then 45$. I was earlier trying to purchase one, but Dell could not deliver, so today when my 2001FP was delivered I checked back to see what the price was and nearly died. If I had the money I would have purchased then.

Now I hold what I said to be true, but I just went back to check and the coupon would have only been valid for purchases over 450$. So if I had made the purchase it would have been canceled, or the coupon for not reading the terms.

geeze said:
Now I hold what I said to be true, but I just went back to check and the coupon would have only been valid for purchases over 450$. So if I had made the purchase it would have been canceled, or the coupon for not reading the terms.

Yea, that's what I thought...only valid for over $450, but I think you mean the monitor was 15% off rather than 20%, since on the Dell site it says that monitors should be 15% off... though the prices are only reflecting 10% now. :confused:

Good thing I bought my 710T yesterday when prices reflected the 15% off, and there was also a $30 off $400 (valid 9/2 only) so I got mine for $403 shipped (no tax in ny) :D

yeah, my prayers were met. At 12:00pm last night I tried and Dell had the LCD for 509 - 15% and I had a coupon for -$45. I got it for 388 (like somebody else said). But I had to pay the tax. Still, i got it shipped for $418.56. It was already shipped out today!

btw, always check out Techbargins.com. That dell coupon I had was for the first 1500 users and I couldn't use it the day before because it expired. But after 12:00pm at night it allowed me to use it again. Maybe dell's system resets. ANd I guess i got lucky because there was a lag time between their updating to only 10% compared to the 15% i got.

Gamer007 said:
Yea, that's what I thought...only valid for over $450, but I think you mean the monitor was 15% off rather than 20%, since on the Dell site it says that monitors should be 15% off... though the prices are only reflecting 10% now. :confused:

Good thing I bought my 710T yesterday when prices reflected the 15% off, and there was also a $30 off $400 (valid 9/2 only) so I got mine for $403 shipped (no tax in ny) :D

Your right it was 15%, I was just going by memory and sometimes that fails every once in a while, although it shouldn't because i'm still young. Glad you got a good deal though. I hope they actually ship you one. When I ordered a 710T it got delayed twice and finally I switched monitors.

according to their information, it was already picked up by their shipping company and on the way to my house! expect arrival date is Tuesday. Thats actually a shame though because their shipping distributer is only 45 minuets away from me!. I guess i just have to wait because of labor day.

geeze said:
Your right it was 15%, I was just going by memory and sometimes that fails every once in a while, although it shouldn't because i'm still young. Glad you got a good deal though. I hope they actually ship you one. When I ordered a 710T it got delayed twice and finally I switched monitors.

Mine got shipped out Friday 9/3, but not suppose to arrive till 9/10...bah

Damn both of you for getting a 710T :). Wonder why they kept delaying mine.

Back