What happened to Blackviper's site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In protest to this thread, I have changed my Help and Support service from automatic start to manual start. God help me when my system comes crashing down.

rcolbert said:
In protest to this thread, I have changed my Help and Support service from automatic start to manual start. God help me when my system comes crashing down.

My point is these stupid "tweaks" don't do squat to improve performance, other than indexing service.

You want a tweak? Here you go.

Right click on My Computer and click Properties
Click on the Advanced tab and click on Settings under Performace.
Check Adjust for best performance
Click OK, and click OK again to exit.

There. A "tweak" that will actually boost performance..
Now call me blackviper2 and give me a website. :rolleyes:

djnes said:
Seriously! That's honestly the only reason I've ever seen regarding an actual use for his site. You guys are still arguing with KoolDrew, but the fact still remains his site provides some very poor information, and has accounted for many many people hosing their boxes. That is why he is universally known as QuackViper. Could you guys please stop arguing with something that's a fact??? MajorDomo asked for a maturity upgrade, and that will start by doing some research into the subject before you flame someone. KoolDrew is providing warnings against hosing your box. All you have to do is search in this OS forum to find out how much damage his site has caused.
Semantics my ass djnes. You plainly stated universally known. Universally has a single definition. Meaning everywhere. It is not a question of semantics when you use a word that isnt often use figuratively in a figurative manner.

upriverpaddler said:
LOL. I used black vipers step by step to turn off my services and had NO problems. I dont want to get in the middle of a fight, but if there is a better tweak guide...... WHAT IS IT?
my pc didnt have a single problem after his guide.

S1nF1xx said:
So just because quackviper has a website it means he knows what he's talking about huh? Well, I'm going to put a section on my site about how deleting boot.ini makes your machine rox0rz and fast0rz and call it tweak. :p

Service tweaking is the dumbest n00biest thing you can do to your system. :rolleyes: The only service that makes a difference is indexing service. And no matter how many experts on these boards (djnes, KoolDrew, Phoenix) tell you guys that these tweaks are shit, you still worship quackviper and all the drivel he spits out. :rolleyes:

As was stated before, his tweaks are nothing more than a placebo. "My machine just feels faster, I know it."

Mods should start locking threads about quackviper and ban those who start these stupid threads. This topic can't be discussed without flaming because the quackviper fanb0ys don't listen to any of the facts presented to them.
so when someone's opinion differs from ur own, they are n00bs? and i am definitely not a fanb0y

slamgoku said:

Like I already said even if you don't encounter problems there is no benefit to disablng services.

slamgoku said:
so when someone's opinion differs from ur own, they are n00bs? and i am definitely not a fanb0y

Because anyone who knows what's going on will see that these tweaks do nothing for performance, and actually could do more to make the system unstable.

The fanb0y comment comes from you people blindly following this stupid guide without any scientific or even any half-assed data to backup the claims of performance gains.

O[H]-Zone said:
The "many many threads" he refers to?
One guy shut off RPC and then couldn't defrag.
That's it!
Major problems! Instability! Crashes! Blue screens! Hair loss!...
And every other hysterical rambling that you can think of has been blamed on disabling services. How strange then that M$ says you should disable all unused services!
But getting back to reality, there has only ever been one post that was actually traced back to "disabling services". The rest is only designed to make us think some people know what they're talking about, when they don't.
well put

slamgoku said:
Semantics my ass djnes. You plainly stated universally known. Universally has a single definition. Meaning everywhere. It is not a question of semantics when you use a word that isnt often use figuratively in a figurative manner.
Umm...that's not the point we were debating about...but have a nice day anyway, while you continue your trolling.

slamgoku said:
Great, with a sample size of 1 we can draw vast conclusions from that. No one said "everyone" will have problems X, Y and Z.

slamgoku said:
Great, you have proven without a doubt that he used the wrong word. He point still remains solid.

Way to split hairs and lose focus.

S1nF1xx said:
Because anyone who knows what's going on will see that these tweaks do nothing for performance, and actually could do more to make the system unstable.

The fanb0y comment comes from you people blindly following this stupid guide without any scientific or even any half-assed data to backup the claims of performance gains.
and i followed it VERY strictly, this was a few years ago. Disabling services can lead to errors if u disable needed ones. but disabling unneeded ones will not hurt. and his guide had no unneeded ones being disabled. my point being dont hate on this dude blackviper because a bunch of dumbass n00bs hosed their own machines.

Phoenix86 said:
Great, with a sample size of 1 we can draw vast conclusions from that. No one said "everyone" will have problems X, Y and Z.

Great, you have proven without a doubt that he used the wrong word. He point still remains solid.

Way to split hairs and lose focus.

thats quite paradoxical. because it takes intense focus to split hairs.

slamgoku said:
and i followed it VERY strictly, this was a few years ago. Disabling services can lead to errors if u disable needed ones. but disabling unneeded ones will not hurt.

I'm not arguing about the stability as much as I'm asking for proof that those tweaks do what quackviper says they will...improve performance.
Will someone show me proof that they increase performance? I doubt many of you use the tweak guides to increase security as much as you use it to increase performance.

Show us non-believers proof of your performance gains.

S1nF1xx said:
I'm not arguing about the stability as much as I'm asking for proof that those tweaks do what quackviper says they will...improve performance.
Will someone show me proof that they increase performance? I doubt many of you use the tweak guides to increase security as much as you use it to increase performance.

Show us non-believers proof of your performance gains.
but when u have a cpu that runs at billions of instructions per second humans are too slow to feel the gain. but the gains are there.

slamgoku said:
but when u have a cpu that runs at billions of instructions per second humans are too slow to feel the gain. but the gains are there.
Too fast for the computer to measure? I think not. ;)

Proof is in the pudding, if you didn't notice, why did you make the effort? Why would you defend it/recommend it, if it did nothing for you?

I think you went blind splitting that last hair.

slamgoku said:

The title of your post is "they will all theoretically improve performance".

That's pretty funny.
Deleting boot.ini will theoretically improve performance by freeing up more space on your hard drive. It doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Phoenix86 said:
Proof is in the pudding, if you didn't notice, why did you make the effort? Why would you defend it/recommend it, if it did nothing for you?

Exactly.

S1nF1xx said:
Deleting boot.ini will theoretically improve performance by freeing up more space on your hard drive. It doesn't mean it's a good idea.
I am willing to bet someone's going to argue and say it's still a good idea. Honestly, I'd bet that. This week has shown that some people will argue to no end, despite a half a dozen people showing links and other forms of proof. You gotta love it here.

Thank God this thread didn't get locked down too so we can continue on with the same stupid argument that got the other thread locked.

djnes said:
I am willing to bet someone's going to argue and say it's still a good idea. Honestly, I'd bet that. This week has shown that some people will argue to no end, despite a half a dozen people showing links and other forms of proof. You gotta love it here.

Some people just like to argue to be different. Some like to try and win arguments by spewing out random drivel rather than providing proof to backup their claims. :rolleyes:

Good thing we have you to keep them in line! :D
djnes said:
And once again, I will state that the discussion isn't about security. The entire friggin point of this thread is about performance in relation to disabling services. Do you want me to write that in crayon and scan it in so you get it?
doh.jpg

OMG I almost busted a nut reading that. LOL! :D

O[H]-Zone said:
Well, the discussion here was about the "many many threads" indicating people have had problems disabling services. Where are these many many threads?

Still waiting............

Badger_sly said:
Still waiting............

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=872223
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=805003
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=854803
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=826703
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=791138
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=872734
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=807236

Only took a couple minutes to find these few with a couple keywords. I'm sure more can be found, but since no one here pays my going rate, I am certainly not going to waste my time trying to compile a comprehensive list for a thread that will undoubtedly be locked shortly.

BTW since the search does not go back prior to 2004, results are limited to this year and last year.

The burden of proof should be on the ones who claim these tweaks give a performance boost in the first place.
If the tweaks don't offer increased performance, none of this is relevant. And since no one can provide evidence of the tweaks helping, what the hell is the point of arguing about whether or not the tweaks provide instability?

In the end, the only "tweaking" that's going on is in quackviper's wallet from people clicking the banners on his site. :rolleyes:

SJConsultant said:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=872223
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=805003
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=854803
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=826703
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=791138
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=872734
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=807236

Only took a couple minutes to find these few with a couple keywords. I'm sure more can be found, but since no one here pays my going rate, I am certainly not going to waste my time trying to compile a comprehensive list for a thread that will undoubtedly be locked shortly.

BTW since the search does not go back prior to 2004, results are limited to this year and last year.
And if you'll actually look at those links, one is the one I was talking about, one has no proof, one is most likely not related to services, and the rest are just drivel intended to make it seem like there really are problems with services. So now we know two things:
Djnes is willing to post untruths in his quest to be right.
SJConsultant is willing to post drivel in the quest to be right.
That's the best you could do then? A search of these forums by someone antagonistic to my claims has yielded one, count 'em...one example of proof that someone had a problem disabling a service, and it was the one I've been mentioning all along.
Thanks for helping me to prove my point.

S1nF1xx said:
And since no one can provide evidence of the tweaks helping, what the hell is the point of arguing about whether or not the tweaks provide instability?
The point of arguing is that O[H]-Zone has a huge whole in his life he must fill with needless arguing. Search by his username, and you'll see. He's been given more proof than anyone should have wasted the effort on, but still can't grasp it. A psychiatrist would have a field day with him.

You have provided nothing resembling "proof". Your idea of proof is when you make a statement. Well, you made one...you said there were "many many" posts on these forums from people experiencing problems after disabling services. That was not true. There was one.

You were given more links, and you were told to do the search yourself. I found 85 threads in the OS forum alone. Are you that lazy?

Ladies and gentlemen, for his next act, O[H]-Zone will attempt to argue that the Earth is in fact, flat after all.

djnes said:
You were given more links, and you were told to do the search yourself. I found 85 threads in the OS forum alone. Are you that lazy? .
And I don't believe you. The links SJConsultaant posted were drivel...the only one in there that actually was a problem caused by services being disabled was the one I've been talking about.
In short sir, I am quite convinced that you are a liar. You made a statement, I challenged you on it, and you were unable to provide proof, and then lied further about finding 85 threads with some sort of conclusion indicating that turning services off caused a problem. Call me anything you want; it carries no weight coming from you. If you'd like to prove me wrong, provide 10 of these phantom links for ouir perusal. Otherwise, move along litte man...

djnes said:
So do the search your own fucking self! God damn! You are one lazy son of a bitch!
Provide proof, or be confirmed a liar. The choice is yours.

rcolbert said:
Sadly true. That's why this argument will never go anywhere.
He's been given proof, told what to search for, and given links to threads on these very boards. He's an ass, a loser, and has a long history of arguing any topic, even when proven wrong...search by his username and see.

djnes said:
I even refined the search down to 56 just so a lazy son of a bitch like you can handle it. Seriously, grow the fuck up. Is it that bad for you to admit you were wrong? Is your mommy going to stop loving you?

http://www.hardforum.com/search.php?searchid=1003467
Those are all links to posts that mention the word "services". Most of them are people who had a problem, and the first thing you did was ask "did you disable any services", and most of the time, the answer was no. Once again, I put it to you directly.
Give 10 posts that show that someone had a problem caused by disabling services to back your "many many people having problems" statement, or be confirmed a liar.

I am done with you. You've been given more than enough proof. You've been asked to provide proof of your point, and failed to do so. You have no platform to stand on asking me for anything when you can find your own proof, nor do a simple search on your own. You've been told by several people that you were wrong. You've been told the archives only go back to 2004...XP and Blackviper have been around a long time before then. You've been given more than adequate information. I am choosing to do as the others and leave you to wallow in your own bullshit. You have what your looking for....do what the fuck you want. Call me a liar all you want...and not some superficial fool like you who gives a shit what people say about me on an internet forum. I'm sorry your on view of self is that bad you can't handle it.

Just as I thought, no links...
Congratulations, and welcome to the ranks of confirmed liars. You're in pretty good company, though. Of course, nothing you say from this point forward carries any weight, because
You are a confirmed liar.

O[H]-Zone said:
And if you'll actually look at those links, one is the one I was talking about, one has no proof, one is most likely not related to services, and the rest are just drivel intended to make it seem like there really are problems with services. So now we know two things:
Djnes is willing to post untruths in his quest to be right.
SJConsultant is willing to post drivel in the quest to be right.
That's the best you could do then? A search of these forums by someone antagonistic to my claims has yielded one, count 'em...one example of proof that someone had a problem disabling a service, and it was the one I've been mentioning all along.

Prove what point? Other than you refuse to accept that the first three links are people having problems because they visited Blackvipers web site, edited services and were having problems as a result of editing services?

So you admit that the other four were drivel? So you're a confirmed drivel-poster, good luck with that...
And the first three:
First post: I shut off services and now I can't get system restore to work. But there's no closing...he never says "I turned them back on and it worked"
It could have been anything. No proof here

Second post: I turned off some services and now task manager doesn't work. But he also mentions that he did the same tweaks before and didn't have the problem.
It was probably something else. No proof here

Third post: I tweaked, and now I have problems. But in the same thread he says that he fixed the problems, and didn't have to restore any services
Services weren't the problem. Proof here...that it wasn't service related

Once again, someone antagonistic to what I'm saying had done a search, and found the exact same thing I did...there is one, count 'em...one example of someone having problems after disabling sevices. One. And that was because he disabled RPC, a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back