What happened to OCAU?

Shlomo

2[H]4U
It seems that their PPD is tanking drastically, it's down to under 1.8 Million PPD and still dropping. Did our Aussie brethren fold (hurr hurr pun) under the pressure of EVGA and MPC?

Australian summer is becoming unkind? I don't remember what kind of ppd they dropped to last year during their summer months.

Oh wow, that's not good. Well, not good for them, but good for us. I just hope that the ones who stopped folding for them just joined another team and didn't stop permanently!

They are a far cry from the team they were in the middle of the decade. Sad to see this but things change all the time in F@H. They're in the #9 PPD spot currently, so it's a big drop in 1-2 years.

I just hope that the ones who stopped folding for them just joined another team and didn't stop permanently!
If they moved to another team, I woldn't be surprised if it was EVGA with their promotion.

most of the PPD loss is due to the heat during the summer.. its already avging 100F+ there and its not even summer there yet.. but like most teams people just get bored with folding and move on to other DC projects.. i doubt they have moved to EVGA.. while yes they do a lot of promotions almost none of them will benefit aussies.. for one prime reason.. EVGA has 0 support down there.. if a card dies.. your shit out of luck or have to enjoy a 30+ dollar shipping fee just to get the card back to EVGA in the states..

Firstly the power costs have gone up 15% to 20% here, and by reports is expected to double todays costs by 2015.
2ndly The central part of the country is swelltering under an all time record November heatwave with bugger all end to it in sight. :(

Australian summer is becoming unkind? I don't remember what kind of ppd they dropped to last year during their summer months.

The months heatwave in the central part of the country has broken the record book and thrown it out the window, with there being no end in sight.
It's still spring too.
This coming summer is looking like it'll be hotter then last years, it hit 50c p[lus in places then.

Last edited:
well now i know where all the heat went.. this year was the record low for avg temps during the summer where i live.. we only had 6 days over 100F(37.7C).. its been steadily going down over the last 5 years.. 5 years ago we had over 25 days above 100F which use to be the norm.. ever since the whole global warming thing crap started basicly.. its gotten colder where i live..

Yikes!

And for all us Yanks, AC is not as common down under. I'm socked that some people are able to keep farms up.

My power bill dropped. I'm now under 7 cents a KWH.

You 'Roos can ship the stuff up to me, I've got a nice cold basement that needs some heat. Heck I'll even pay for shipping ;)

Kendrak, youre not far from me, whose your provider? This is my first year paying an electric bill (rent included util's and before that Uncle Sam :) )

AEP, I'm sure it helps that I'm less than 10 miles from two very large power plants. They are just a bit up RT 7 from me.

Gotta love the river lol

Ever go swimming near the plants? water is REAL warm lol

Ive got AEP too, wonder if I get a price drop, I'll have to check (not sure where my price per KWH is on the bill anyways lol)

Gotta love the river lol

Ever go swimming near the plants? water is REAL warm lol

Ive got AEP too, wonder if I get a price drop, I'll have to check (not sure where my price per KWH is on the bill anyways lol)

Bout 2/3 the way down in bold.

i luv my winter rates. .0612 for the first 750 kwh, .0412 after that.

i luv my winter rates. .0612 for the first 750 kwh, .0412 after that.

I think I have winter rates, too.
I'll know by my next bill, though:D

Finally got cold enough here, so I'm just gonna bear with the noise (PSU = noisey) while waiting for the newest aquisition to arrive.

and folding while waiting, of course.

Yikes!

And for all us Yanks, AC is not as common down under. I'm socked that some people are able to keep farms up.

My power bill dropped. I'm now under 7 cents a KWH.

You 'Roos can ship the stuff up to me, I've got a nice cold basement that needs some heat. Heck I'll even pay for shipping ;)

7 cents is about 9 cents AUD roughly, my last power bill was like 22cents KWH
Some parts of AU its even higher too.
You can certainly understand why OCAU points is dropping.
Kendrak ONLY if you fold for OCAU ;)

Back