What happened!

Suki243

Gawd
Well, I was running some tests on my old computer while I was downstairs. I decided to use an old gateway lcd, I plug it in and it runs fine for 11 hours of testing. Then I unhook it and plug it into the regular computer it was originally in. as I am plugging it in I begin to see sparks coming out the connector. wat the.... Then the screen's power switch turns off. I unplug, turn it back on look at the other screen that was connected to the same computer and it was fine. plug everything again and nothing appears on the screen. I plug this gateway screen back into the testing comp and it doesn't work there either.

What went wrong? is the screen dead?

ok, well I dontknwo what else to test, i tested it on another computer, and from last night i remmebred that when i went back to check the connectison i noticed the power to moniter plug was out, when i tried ot push it in it gave me some sparks too.
Well, I accept the moniter is dead. its ok too its like 5 years old. But, how to prevent this from happenening again? Was my mistake not unplugging the moniter's power before plugging it into the comp?

No, D-SUB or DVI should be hot plugable sp you can put it in or out your computer whenever you want also if the screen and the computer have the power cable in it. I think it's just bad luck.

ic =( thanks, it was the white cable by the way, the longer one, you know one is blue and the other is white, it was teh white one.

Back