What I want in my phone.

quietRiot

[H]ard|Gawd
This is what I am looking for in a Cell phone.

-Good/great Camera
-Mp3 Player
-Great Calendar App OR outlook synching
-MiniSD slot or USB port

Don't Need, but would like:
-Bluetooth
-Wifi-enabled

I have looked into the Moto Q, the different blackberrys, and the T-mobile SDA/MDA. In the Raleigh RTP area, however, T-mobile does not offer service (AFAIK), so they rules out the 2 latter phones. Has anyone had good experience with phone-specific calendar apps, or am I best off getting a Windows Mobile device?

Im just a college student looking for a good practical/reliable device to keep up with my schedule, as well as play MP3's and took useable photos.

Cingular 8125
I do everything that you list with a miniSD card for my mp3's and files
battery lasts a good week also, longer if you have the antenna off for travel

What do I want in my phone? None of the fancy crap that comes with it...

Just a basic camera for emergencies (accidents and stuff).
Battery that lasts longer than 24hrs.
Slim and easy to configure.

Everything else your just paying for.

I have a Cingular HP iPaq 6515hw that I am very happy with. There might be a newer model of it now, but it runs Windows Mobile, so I can access any e-mail account through it, check web sites as the need arises, it has built in GPS navigation, I can download programs to do pretty much whatever I want, and it has both SD and mini-SD I/O ports. Also, I can play both MP3s and movies on it.

Overall I love the phone, it is bigger than your average cell-phone (about the size of any other palm-pilot like device) but given its capabilities, it is worth it.

quietRiot said:
This is what I am looking for in a Cell phone.

-Good/great Camera
-Mp3 Player
-Great Calendar App OR outlook synching
-MiniSD slot or USB port

Don't Need, but would like:
-Bluetooth
-Wifi-enabled

I have looked into the Moto Q, the different blackberrys, and the T-mobile SDA/MDA. In the Raleigh RTP area, however, T-mobile does not offer service (AFAIK), so they rules out the 2 latter phones. Has anyone had good experience with phone-specific calendar apps, or am I best off getting a Windows Mobile device?

Im just a college student looking for a good practical/reliable device to keep up with my schedule, as well as play MP3's and took useable photos.

I have the verizon xv6700, the only thing is the Camera sucks but it does everything else you listed. I love this phone...

T-Mobile Dash, my buddy has the Moto Q, he wants a dash now because it has wifi...

Cingular 8125.. hands down. I just used my friend's, and it kicks arse. I used to have a pocket pc, so I was already pretty familiar with it. You can do about anything on it very easily.

quietRiot said:
thats what i want. but no T-Mobile 'round here

That sucks, but I love mine, much better then the Blackberry 7105t it replaced.

Samsung D600, calendar sycs with outlook but itsnothing specail on he actual phone

well, maybe i DO get t-mobile around here. gott look into it, and the dash looks amazing

w1retap said:
Cingular 8125.. hands down. I just used my friend's, and it kicks arse. I used to have a pocket pc, so I was already pretty familiar with it. You can do about anything on it very easily.

Those guys lock up like there's no tomorrow. They are constantly falling off the network and having to sign themselves in all the time. We issue many 8125's at my job. At first it was because they were supposed to release a firmware so they could play wav email attachments. They are not worth the hassle. Maybe after a few more firmware updates, but not now.

Back