what is '1T'?

Bo_Bice

Gawd
im getting new parts soon, and there are some new words floating around that im not used to. im used to 2-3-3-6 for memory timings, and those are the only #s i needed to know a while back, but what is this 1T people are referring to?

Yes, I'm curious about that as well and was too lazy to look out :p

There's 1T and 2T.

It's the command rate of your Memory on your Motherboard :)

I'll let (cf)Eclipse verify though.

Command rate - is the delay (in clock cycles) between when chip select is asserted (i.e. the RAM is selected) and commands (i.e. Activate Row) can be issued to the RAM. Typical values are 1T (one clock cycle) and 2T (two clock cycles).

Seek and ye shall find my son.

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=320351

Mwhahaha..i beat Eclipse to it :D course...chances are he would have been able to explain it to you immediately and not go fishing for an article that has been posted in Overclocking & Cooling :p

Rishy said:
Mwhahaha..i beat Eclipse to it :D
cause i was sleeping natually ;)

keep in mind that while command rate has the biggest effect on performance for a64's out of all the timings, it's still only around 1-3% hit when going from 1T to 2T in most cases.

ahh i see, thx. i bought gskill pc-4000 (3-4-4-6) ram, but it doesn't say anything about which T it supports at which clock speed. is there a way to determine whether i can run 1T at a certain clock speed?

it's kinda dependant on your mobo and memory controller. the only way to find out how high you can get with 1T is to try it.. normally if you have only 2 sticks in, you won't need to change to 2T

Back