What is AMD's CCC equivalent to NVIDIA's digital vibrance?

I could use a little help here. I've been a long time Nvidia user and I just recently got my first Radeon card. It's a Sapphire 7870 xt. The color for my desktop looks dull and I would like to make it more vibrant. With the Nvidia card, I would always use the digital vibrance option.

I've read that people use the CCC to make things more vibrant by using an option that increases the saturation. I'm using the 13.1 drivers and I just can't seem to find this saturation option at all in the desktop management panel.

I would really appreciate it if someone here can help me out.

Open Catalyst Control Panel > My Digital Flat Panels > Display Colors (Digital Flat-panel) > Color Correction > Saturation

WwG0T65.jpg

As a person who loves digital vibrance myself. The option is called "saturation". It's located at the My Digital Flat-Panel>Display Color (Digital Flat-Panel) in the CCC. Hope this help.

Thanks for the help guys. For me trying to find that option was like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I increased the saturation in the ccc now and the colors looks just like the digital vibrance option to me.

Is saturation any different from digital vibrance? I read that digital vibrance is better. Is it really technically better in some ways or is that just some nvidia fanboy praise?

Not better, just different. I like the color quality of DV a bit better. I always felt AMD had a tad too much saturation out of the box. But color like that is totally user preference.

Is saturation any different from digital vibrance? I read that digital vibrance is better. Is it really technically better in some ways or is that just some nvidia fanboy praise?

It's pretty much the same. I haven't noticed anything different when I made the switch. But the only thing I noticed that was different was when you select zero setting for digital vibrance, you still have some color on the desktop. When you select zero setting for saturation, the monitor is a true black and white setting. That's the only minor differences I can tell.

I find that a combination between moving the temperature slider and the saturation gives me the *best* looking picture. It gives you more control on calibrating your red/blue levels and gives you a better potential for whiter whites (without doing the laundry).

Also, using EDID (you have to check the box) and a combination of Saturation can yield a very similar control to the scenario i explained above. Try them both, you will notice much more vibrant colors and should be able to acheive a truer looking white. Just don't oversaturate the details out of your game, not everything is team fortress cartoony. Enjoy!

You can also just type "calibrate" into the start menu and do the color calibration wizard thing from Windows.

i used to think my plasma's colors were eye bleedingly good and that my expensive lcd monitors could never hold a candle to them, until i started to play around with the edid, saturation, and temp, now it's almost a toss up, it makes that much of a difference to some people.

i used to think my plasma's colors were eye bleedingly good and that my expensive lcd monitors could never hold a candle to them, until i started to play around with the edid, saturation, and temp, now it's almost a toss up, it makes that much of a difference to some people.

Bumping super old thread.
Just found the "color vibrance" and "flesh tone" options in the video settings for my ATI card, disabled the idiot things, they were ruining the picture on my plasma, just peoples faces looked l ike they'd just had a rough shower with steel wool, very red. Finally fixed it after months of wondering if my Plasma was bad.
If anyone else notices faces too red or bits of their face almost looking 'sore' somehow or antagonised, this is the option to disable.

If you have a Wide Color Gamut Monitor, you should use the EDID setting. It maps things to mostly s-rgb.

I respect that you guys like that, but honestly Digital Vibrance - Saturation are the equivalent of the Black Crush on the XB1, it makes the image "pop" but you are actually diminishing the total ammount of colors on screen and thus increasing the contrast between the fewer remaining ones, in effect ruining the intended image quality because some detail will be lost no matter what.

Back