what is better....2405fpw or 243T?

Leright

2[H]4U
I am assuming the 243T is better since it is Samsung, and the 2405fpw is Dell, but convince me otherwise, if this is not true. In the past all of Samsung's competing products were better than their dell counterparts....for example, the 213T vs. the 2001fp.

I guess there's also the HP L2335...

oh, and btw, I currently have a single 213T. Will the dell 2405fpw, 243t, and HP be a good upgrade? is there a significant iq boost?

BUMMMP!

Seriously, is the 243T worth the extra 500 bucks over the 2405? I do a little gaming so response time is important, but color accuracy and sharpness are both important also.

well. honest opinion, i would go for the dell.. btw if u didn't know the dell also uses a samsung panel..
there are quiet alot of reviews about the dell already.. maybe u should head over those sites and have a read first.. to name a few, behardware and tomshardwareguide has a review for the dell, and anandtech has a review for the hp lcd.
i cannot answer ur question becasue i haven't read anything about the 243T before, but i assume its not a new product which i remember has a slow response time?

I've read some reviews, and it seems the 243T is overall a better display.

Haha....I don't where you have been reading about the 243T being an overall better display than the 2405, but that is completely false.

The 243T has been out longer than the dell. I myself was looking to seriously buy it last year. I saw it in action is a store and was not impressed (image quality was not great). Image quality is not as good as 2405 (see tomshardware recent review).

Plus, the 2405 is cheaper and has way more inputs...the 243T only has vga and dvi from what I remember. Anyway I recently bought the 2405 and it is easily the best piece of hardware I ever bought.... beautiful image via DVI and HD movies look simply awesome..

the 243T is technically more accurate than the 2405, but the 2405 has better response time and is much cheaper.

Leright said:
BUMMMP!

Seriously, is the 243T worth the extra 500 bucks over the 2405? I do a little gaming so response time is important, but color accuracy and sharpness are both important also.

if color accurancy is important to you, why in the world would you go LCD? if you mean 'i like bright colors' then that is all well and good, but if you are after correct color representation, then an LCD is the last thing you want.

While LCD's do not have perfect colors, many still offer fairly accurate color. Especially the higher priced pro LCDs.

I would'nt spend an extra 500$ for that, plus you can get the 2405 for 780 right now.. plus tax,

but I live in the oregon.. no tax yay!

Back