What is Dell's return policy on LCD's?

amheck

Limp Gawd
Hi group,

I know this really isn't the right forum for this question, but since a lot of you might be going thru this, I thought someone might know.

If I (hypothetically) wanted to order a 2005FPw and 2001FP to see which I liked better and wanted to return one, what exactly are the terms? I know it has to be within 21 days. And I would have to pay shipping. How much do you think shipping would be on something like that? Also, does something have to be "wrong" with the monitor for them to take it back? Or is satisfaction guarenteed? i.e. can you just return a monitor because you don't want it anymore?

You can return the monitor for any reason. You may of may not have to pay return shipping though..

item defective: return and dont pay for shipping
item working fine: return and pay for shipping

which out for the first case...some csr will try to make you pay for it, you have to tell them that you refuse to pay because the item is defective...

btw, dell also has a thing where they might charge you 15% for returning stuff because you dont like it...

Just out of curiosity... will Dell allow you to exchange the LCD with a similar priced LCD?

I ordered the 2005FPW, and I dont want to have to send it back 3-4times to get a good one (getting it delivered tomorrow, so Im hoping there wont be any major backlight leakage or dead/stuck pixel issues).
In the event I do have a defective LCD... Any possibility to exchange the LCD to the 2001FP?

everyone i talked to there has really tried to help, but the language barrier is pretty rough and thier knowledge is so scripted that if you ask anything that is the least bit original you will confuse them =)

Dell's pretty nice about exchanging monitors. So far I've exchanged my 2 Dell 2001FP 4 times. Acutally I got a perfect one, but I lied about them both being defective so I can get 2 more. Hopefully this next batch will contain a perfect monitor.

BTW, dell sends you refurbs after the intial 21 days of the original purchase, so you can probably get a max of 5 sets of new exchange monitors. (given that its takes around 2 days to get the monitor and 2 days to return the current ones)

The funny thing is that my perfect monitor is a refurb... The only problem is that a button feels funny..

I've never had any problem with them. I agree that tech support sucks since its in god knows what country and they only half assed speak english, but customer care seems to be based in north america. I ordered a 600m notebook from them last year. After trying it out, I decided to return it 'cos the screen was awful (viewing angle, colors) and crappy keyboard. Anyway, spoke to customer care. They offered me a 200$ CAD credit to keep it. I thought about it but decided to return it anyway. They sent me shipping tags by mail and I returned it. No problem whatsoever. They even paid for shipping.

Back